The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Hello Y'all! Any MSc Computer Science fall 2022 students?

Also any Offer holders from India?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm still waiting. When did you apply and when did you hear back?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by saifgr8
Also any Offer holders from India?

Hey,
I do hold an offer.
Hey i got an offer a while ago , I already accepted
Original post by Nikonikox
Hey i got an offer a while ago , I already accepted

Hi - Did you get a MSc Computer science offer? when did you apply and when did you get the offer? Are you international student?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sanmi2024
Hi - Did you get a MSc Computer science offer? when did you apply and when did you get the offer? Are you international student?

Hey! , I applied 24th February and got an offer 3 weeks later. Im a home student :smile:
Hey! , I applied 24th February and got an offer 3 weeks later. Im a home student :smile:

Thanks Nikonikox and congratulations ! and this was for MSc Computer Science?
Thanks Nikonikox and congratulations ! and this was for MSc Computer Science?

Yeah! When did you apply?
Yeah! When did you apply?

Oct 2021
Oct 2021

Oh wow , If you're international then that might be why
Just got an offer 30 minutes for G403 MEng Computer science lol. Applied 13 October.
Original post by DasuIron
Just got an offer 30 minutes for G403 MEng Computer science lol. Applied 13 October.

Congratulations !! Did you get the offer from University of Bristol? What were your predicted grades
Congratulations !! Did you get the offer from University of Bristol? What were your predicted grades

Yes I got it from Uni of Bristol. My predicted grades were A*A*A*A but my offer was AAB contextual which I was completely unaware that I was eligible for.
I just got a MSc Computer Science from offer from Bristol yesterday. I'm an international (USA) applicant and applied in late January. Just adding as a data point for any curious applicants.
Original post by asommers
I just got a MSc Computer Science from offer from Bristol yesterday. I'm an international (USA) applicant and applied in late January. Just adding as a data point for any curious applicants.

Could you tell me the exact date of your application please? I applied on 27th Jan and haven't heard back after being waitlisted
Original post by asommers
Jan 25th

Wow that is close. I'll forever regret being two days late if I don't get an offer in the next few weeks.
Thanks for the info!
Hi all, I have offers for MSc Computer Science at Bristol, and MSc Computing and Information Systems at Queen Mary University of London. I'm struggling to decide between the two and was wondering whether anyone here could give me their opinions? What made you choose Bristol over your other offers?
Original post by keozynatu
Hi all, I have offers for MSc Computer Science at Bristol, and MSc Computing and Information Systems at Queen Mary University of London. I'm struggling to decide between the two and was wondering whether anyone here could give me their opinions? What made you choose Bristol over your other offers?

I've also recently got an offer from QMUL. I'm planning to firm it based on the positive responses I got from past students over there. I think QMUL being in London will allow for better job opportunities as well.
Original post by chooselifedude
I've also recently got an offer from QMUL. I'm planning to firm it based on the positive responses I got from past students over there. I think QMUL being in London will allow for better job opportunities as well.

I see! I’m thinking of accepting the offer from Bristol considering its ranking/reputation, and because I know of two students who have done well job-wise after completing the course.

If you get an offer from Bristol, will you be firming that instead?
Original post by keozynatu
I see! I’m thinking of accepting the offer from Bristol considering its ranking/reputation, and because I know of two students who have done well job-wise after completing the course.

If you get an offer from Bristol, will you be firming that instead?

I guess you couldn't go wrong with either one in the end.

Three days ago, my best offer was from Newcastle which I was not very keen on (again due to concerns about employability mainly) so I was eagerly waiting for an offer from Bristol or QMUL.

The course at Bristol seems somewhat intimidating to me because of things like the C language, computer hardware, assembly language etc. which is really low level which won't be useful for me. QMUL's course is more practical and since QMUL is very good for employability (especially in Fintech - maybe even better than Bristol) I'm gonna pay the deposit and begin the visa process.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending