The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 7192/1 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

AQA A Level Sociology Sociology Paper 1 7192/1 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 23rd May AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys what topics do you think may come up for the low mark questions?
Reply 2
education difference in achievment is probs a good shout so thats class gender ethnicity as well as the function of education so thats subservient workforce / rc norms and values/ patriachy/ univerlistic standards

proboly should revise labelling too
Reply 3
does anyone know what came up on the 2021 papers?
as in the topics?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KA139
does anyone know what came up on the 2021 papers?
as in the topics?

yeah i do... we did them as mocks...

it was on globalisation, anti school subcultures and ethnicty for the low markers. the 30 marker was actually on policies
Original post by T045T3R
education difference in achievment is probs a good shout so thats class gender ethnicity as well as the function of education so thats subservient workforce / rc norms and values/ patriachy/ univerlistic standards

proboly should revise labelling too

dont you think theories may be a 10 marker.... theres been multiple 10 markers on social class, ethnicity, gender but not really on theories.. i feel like for the 4 and 6 marker they may acc ask us about anything with class gender and ethnicity.. what do you think the 10 marker will be for research methods
Reply 6
Original post by khushi.xo
yeah i do... we did them as mocks...

it was on globalisation, anti school subcultures and ethnicty for the low markers. the 30 marker was actually on policies

oh wow on policies
was it on educational market or inequality?
if you have questions on you, could you tell me what the 10 markers were? we didnt use them for mocks for some reason and was curious what came up last year so i dont revise that stuff in detail again

what other topics do you do from paper 2?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KA139
oh wow on policies
was it on educational market or inequality?
if you have questions on you, could you tell me what the 10 markers were? we didnt use them for mocks for some reason and was curious what came up last year so i dont revise that stuff in detail again

what other topics do you do from paper 2?

I actually do not remember but it was related to meritocracy and the 10 marker was about ethnic minority. From paper 2 i do families and beliefs how about you?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
I actually do not remember but it was related to meritocracy and the 10 marker was about ethnic minority. From paper 2 i do families and beliefs how about you?

no worries
same, i do them topics
did you do 2021 papers for them too? if so do you remember what was on that
Does anyone have any predictions for what the 30 marker might be? Like Ive looked around and the only policy related questions I can find is on marketisation increasing inequality? Pretty sure it cant be on privatisation alone cause there just isnt enough to talk about....
Reply 10
like you said raising inequality but they could possibly spin that to reducing inequality
Maybe creating an education market

do you know what the 2021 policy question was on?
Original post by pancakekreps
Does anyone have any predictions for what the 30 marker might be? Like Ive looked around and the only policy related questions I can find is on marketisation increasing inequality? Pretty sure it cant be on privatisation alone cause there just isnt enough to talk about....

Yeah thats one of them.. the other question that came up was literally just about the education system being meritocratic. i guess it would be something more generic and would probs want us to talk about privatization. Although we could get a topic on for example 'how does the policies help reduce inequalities for ethnic minority.' but even then there so little we could talk about. like globalisation and could include migration, changes to the ethnocentric curriculum
Reply 12
The 30 marker could be something like “Evaluate the idea that educational policies have inevitably lead to differences in achievement among social groups”

So this is different to your generic how does educational policies create social class inequality in achievement etc

Then we could talk about social class differences (tripartite system, marketisation: league tables, funding formula), gender differences (girls need more marks in 11+, introduction of GIST and WISE, GCSE and coursework etc means girls outperform boys) and ethnic differences (ethnocentric curriculum, educational triage, changes to assessments (i think?))
And then with all the relevant evaluation e.g. assimilation, compensatory education, EMA all that stuff

Surely it can’t be on globalisation entirely? There isn’t much to write about. Not sure
Original post by 11RZ
The 30 marker could be something like “Evaluate the idea that educational policies have inevitably lead to differences in achievement among social groups”

So this is different to your generic how does educational policies create social class inequality in achievement etc

Then we could talk about social class differences (tripartite system, marketisation: league tables, funding formula), gender differences (girls need more marks in 11+, introduction of GIST and WISE, GCSE and coursework etc means girls outperform boys) and ethnic differences (ethnocentric curriculum, educational triage, changes to assessments (i think?))
And then with all the relevant evaluation e.g. assimilation, compensatory education, EMA all that stuff

Surely it can’t be on globalisation entirely? There isn’t much to write about. Not sure

I mean there is a 30 mark question on one of the sociology pages which is just on globalisation but from the AI i think the 30 marker is going to be more focused on social groups with a little bit og globalisation... what do u think the low marker may be on?
Reply 14
I mean there is a 30 mark question on one of the sociology pages which is just on globalisation but from the AI i think the 30 marker is going to be more focused on social groups with a little bit og globalisation... what do u think the low marker may be on?

Where can I find that 30 marker on globalisation? Would be useful. As for the low mark questions, I have no idea lol. Has there been a 10 marker on gender? 👀
Original post by pancakekreps

My teacher gave us some example questions for policy that she thinks might come up. Here they are:

--> Evaluate the view that educational policies lead to inequalities between different:
- Social Classes
- Ethic Groups
- Genders
--> Evaluate the view that marketisation and privatisation policies lead to educational inequalities between social groups.
--> Evaluate the view that over time educational policy making has lead to greater equality of opportunity and better educational outcomes for social groups.
--> Evaluate the sociological explanations of the relationship between education and globalisation.
--> Evaluate the view that the main aim of education policies in the last 40 years has been to create an education market.

Hope these help :smile:
Original post by bakedbeans_toast
My teacher gave us some example questions for policy that she thinks might come up. Here they are:

--> Evaluate the view that educational policies lead to inequalities between different:
- Social Classes
- Ethic Groups
- Genders
--> Evaluate the view that marketisation and privatisation policies lead to educational inequalities between social groups.
--> Evaluate the view that over time educational policy making has lead to greater equality of opportunity and better educational outcomes for social groups.
--> Evaluate the sociological explanations of the relationship between education and globalisation.
--> Evaluate the view that the main aim of education policies in the last 40 years has been to create an education market.

These seem so helpful thanks!! Just wondering 😂 do you have any idea for low markers like in general i have been trying to think about what to revise for them
Original post by bakedbeans_toast

- Social Classes
- Ethic Groups
- Genders

wow this is so useful! tysm! Did your teacher by any chance give you any potential questions for the other units from the advanced info? Like beliefs, family or crime? It would be really helpful :smile:
How likely do you think it is they'll have a whole 30 marker on selection policies?
These seem so helpful thanks!! Just wondering 😂 do you have any idea for low markers like in general i have been trying to think about what to revise for them

I'm not rly sure what the lower marked questions could be so I would revise everything to be safe. If you want to feel really comfortable I guess just write essays on ethic, gender and class differences as well as role of education for the 10 marker.

Latest

Trending

Trending