The Student Room Group

Has anyone done a Information Technology BTEC National Extended Diploma Level 3

In gonna start this course on september and im curious on what people thought about the course, what stuff did u do?did you enjoy it?im just a little nervours about doing this course so i guess just making the details on this course a little clearer is something that i think might help and hearing other peoples experience with it.
I'm currently on a foundation diploma which is the first year of the extended diploma. I'll have to say, it is very easy if you pay attention, so don't worry about failing or anything as long as you put your mind to it. You'll have 6 units in the first year, with 4 of them being compulsory and two being exam units. So if you want to get a heard start, try and learn how to do databases and how to code. I don't know what units your school would have chosen for the 2 optional units, but what I can tell you is that try and aim for distinction the whole year as this will carry over to the next year, and will have an impact on your predicted grades for uni/apprenticeship. I'm liking it so far but my class is full of slackers so its been very slow. But don't worry, there's nothing to be nervous about, if you have anymore questions you can always ask me.
Original post by Samii.A
I'm currently on a foundation diploma which is the first year of the extended diploma. I'll have to say, it is very easy if you pay attention, so don't worry about failing or anything as long as you put your mind to it. You'll have 6 units in the first year, with 4 of them being compulsory and two being exam units. So if you want to get a heard start, try and learn how to do databases and how to code. I don't know what units your school would have chosen for the 2 optional units, but what I can tell you is that try and aim for distinction the whole year as this will carry over to the next year, and will have an impact on your predicted grades for uni/apprenticeship. I'm liking it so far but my class is full of slackers so its been very slow. But don't worry, there's nothing to be nervous about, if you have anymore questions you can always ask me.

Oh ok thanks im gonna be 20 when i start it so i was a bit nervous of going back to college.were the tests hard?yh it can be annoying if everyone slacking a bit lol
Original post by Coldhands0
In gonna start this course on september and im curious on what people thought about the course, what stuff did u do?did you enjoy it?im just a little nervours about doing this course so i guess just making the details on this course a little clearer is something that i think might help and hearing other peoples experience with it.

I’m doing it at the moment. 3 exams are more controlled assessments 2 lasting around 8-9 hours (across a few days). Some units can be quite boring but are easy. These exams are quite easy as with one you do a research task, where u get the Scanio and can make notes for the exam, fell free to message me if you have any more questions
Original post by AndyRoberts34566
I’m doing it at the moment. 3 exams are more controlled assessments 2 lasting around 8-9 hours (across a few days). Some units can be quite boring but are easy. These exams are quite easy as with one you do a research task, where u get the Scanio and can make notes for the exam, fell free to message me if you have any more questions

Ohh right thats clears it up a bit thanks,and yh ill message if i need to ask some questions
Oh ok thanks im gonna be 20 when i start it so i was a bit nervous of going back to college.were the tests hard?yh it can be annoying if everyone slacking a bit lol

nah the tests aren't hard, in fact the grade boundaries are very low for the exams, but im guessing its because its a btec. For example, this year a distinction was 51/90 for unit 1 and 14/90 or so for a pass

Hey there good luck for the BTEC Extended Diploma in IT you will love it!

I really enjoyed it and the exams for units 11 and 14 were electronic so there all on computer you dont need to do any writing on paper for the exams!.

So the mandatory units are:

Unit 9 - IT Project Management

Unit 11 - Cyber Security and incident management

Unit 14 - IT service delivery

You will have to do 4 optional units that your college will choose:

My units were

unit 8 - Games Development

Unit 10 - Big Data

Unit 17 - 2D and 3D Digital Graphics

Unit 20 - Enterprise in IT
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Samii.A
nah the tests aren't hard, in fact the grade boundaries are very low for the exams, but im guessing its because its a btec. For example, this year a distinction was 51/90 for unit 1 and 14/90 or so for a pass

Oh wow that sound great
Original post by Armaan247

I really enjoyed it and the exams for units 11 and 14 were electronic so there all on computer you dont need to do any writing on paper for the exams!.

My units were

Unit 10 - Big Data

Interesting i wonder which ones my college will pick
Original post by Samii.A

Original post by Armaan247

My units were

Unit 10 - Big Data

Do you have Unit 20 Enterprise in IT Assignment 2

Original post by withmybabymamas1

Unfortunately I wont be doing unit 9 assignment 2 as my teachers hasnt been in college for a while and is saying its a reduced unit so I only need to focus on assignment 1 luckily.

However for assignment 2 I am doing different class activities in which the teacher needs to show evidence for the board to grade.

Is assignment 2 about creating a business plan? I have covered a bit about this if that helps u?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending