The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

rejected with A*A*A*

Hi,

just got rejected from biochem at Bristol with triple A star and an EPQ.
Anyone else rejected with good grades exceeding their typical offer?
Why is it so competitive this year, is there anyway I can appeal it or at least find out specifically why I was rejected?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I know but I worked really hard so ofc im upset,
was just asking if theres any way I can appeal.
Biochem ^
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Yes you said that already
and no the personal statement was specifically for biochemistry
I'm really sorry. What were your GCSE grades like?
Have you got some other offers?
Reply 4
8-9's
yeah I just had my heart set on Bristol
lesson learnt though
just weird I dont know where I went wrong yk
Reply 5
Not yet, I was also asking how I would even get feedback.
Do I email student admissions?
lol peak just email them or look on ur applicant hub there may be an option to request feedback there
Original post by ayapapaya
Hi,

Why is it so competitive this year, is there anyway I can appeal it or at least find out specifically why I was rejected?

Thank you

Bro I'm be straight. Uni is literally a gamble and the admissions team is so subjective. Like some guy can get rejected from Bath University but get accepted to Imperial. It is so hit or miss.
Biochem at Bristol is mega-compeitive beciase many Medicine applicants pick it as their 5th choice.
Original post by MrMemez1
Bro I'm be straight. Uni is literally a gamble and the admissions team is so subjective. Like some guy can get rejected from Bath University but get accepted to Imperial. It is so hit or miss.

yeah exactly, I know someone who got into oxford med but no where else
It's very competitive this year because there are less spaces due to people deferring as well as in correspondence to inflation from last year.
Hi,

Thank you

where else did you apply? i also applied for biochemistry
Original post by cyangalaxy
where else did you apply? i also applied for biochemistry

Cardiff, Nottingham, Manchester and sussex
but i'm only looking at the first two now
wby?
Cardiff, Nottingham, Manchester and sussex
but i'm only looking at the first two now
wby?

Bath, Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol (I got rejected) and Plymouth (biomed) but I’ve firmed Bath and put Cardiff as insurance
Hi,

Thank you

Hiya! You should definitely appeal. Don't listen to the comments, try to appeal and see what they say!!! Good luck, you're super great!
Hi,

Thank you

I got predicted 4A* and had what I like to think was a good personal statement. The predictions were in maths, chemistry, physics and further maths, so pretty ideal for aeronautical engineering. Not overly bothered because I’ve got an offer from Imperial, but it really does make you wonder. As to appealing, I’m not really sure it’s worth wasting your time with them as you’ll more than likely get a repeat of the (in my case) rather patronising rejection reasoning. But if you really have got your head around going there, then it’s worth a shot. Best of luck with your future plans and I’m sure Bristol will regret rejecting you. :smile:
Hi,

Thank you

I'm sorry that you got rejected, but those are amazing grades and you should be really proud of your self!
Hi,

Thank you

Bristol has a history of rejecting people who got into Oxford lol, it's mad weird. Sorry that happened to you, you will thrive wherever you go with those grades!! :smile:
Sorry to hear that and wish all the very best for you !
I was rejected by University of St Andrews with predicted 4A* (achieved GSCE 10 x 9), multiple awards and significant extra curricular activities. This seems to be a crazy year.. so chin up !
Hi,

Thank you

Hi. I am sorry to hear this. A few of my friends kids have asked for feedback from universities when they were rejected. They were all basically told the same thing….even though you have the grades required for the course there were students with stronger personal statements and or grades. Competition is very tough like someone else said because of the students who deferred I think. My son was rejected from Oxford. He didn’t even bother to ask for feedback as he said ‘there was obviously students more suitable than me’.
He’s got friends who’ve had rejections from all five of their choices with grades exceeding the course requirements. Very tough year I think for sure. Hope you can find somewhere else you’ll be happy to study too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending