-South Clerk Street
-Robertson Close
-Nicolson st and South College St
-Sciennes
-Kincaid's Court
-Hermit's Croft
-Blackwood Crescent

lmk if ur looking any of these too and/or know anything ab them

Hey! Ive been looking at these accomodations as well as East Newington Place and College Wynd. I'm avoiding Kincaids because of the large flat numbers (12) and I've heard it's best to go with a smaller flat group. Hermits croft I've heard good things from which is why its my first choice. South Clerk Street apparently has a good layout and kitchen is a decent size but its on the main road next to shops so its quite busy and loud. Other than that I've not heard much else about other accommodations. Hope I helped!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by fieldingpip_1
Hey! Ive been looking at these accomodations as well as East Newington Place and College Wynd. I'm avoiding Kincaids because of the large flat numbers (12) and I've heard it's best to go with a smaller flat group. Hermits croft I've heard good things from which is why its my first choice. South Clerk Street apparently has a good layout and kitchen is a decent size but its on the main road next to shops so its quite busy and loud. Other than that I've not heard much else about other accommodations. Hope I helped!

Thank you for the info!! I heard that College Wynd is also kinda noisy because its on Cowgate where all the night clubs/night life is located. I'm aware that most of the accom I'm looking at is quote central bc I want it to be close to my campus so I'm prepared for the noisiness ig. Does Kincaid's Court only have large flat numbers or are there flats smaller than 12?
I am not sure about Kincaid's Court, to be honest its out of my price range so I've not deep dived into it. Thank you for the info on College Wynd, I feel like I need something slightly quieter. I am going to be attending the art school so I am also after something nearer to George's square. Let me know if you hear anything else about these places, anything helps! :smile:
Reply 4
I am not sure about Kincaid's Court, to be honest its out of my price range so I've not deep dived into it. Thank you for the info on College Wynd, I feel like I need something slightly quieter. I am going to be attending the art school so I am also after something nearer to George's square. Let me know if you hear anything else about these places, anything helps! :smile:

Oh I heard that Riego Street is accommodation close to the art school, but for some reason I can't find information on the hall on the uni accom website? I'm not sure if they're taking any applications this year but I know that its a self-catered student hall. My campus is in George Square so its also close there too

Is South Clerk Street really that loud. It is my first choice and I just hope it's not too disturbing.
Original post by Edistudent2022
Is South Clerk Street really that loud. It is my first choice and I just hope it's not too disturbing.

To be honest I'm not that sure. I was told from someone who lives there that one of their friends finds it a little loud but it doesn't bother them that much.
Reply 7
I'm thinking of applying to Warrender park road/crescent which is known to be a bit quieter and is a little further away from things ; college wynd and robertsons close which is in such a good central location but is known to be noisy because its by cowgate road where many clubs are ; sciennes and new arthur place but I can't find new arthur place on the preferences page. I'm going to the college of art too so these are all fairly close to that campus
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ggc18
I'm thinking of applying to Warrender park road/crescent which is known to be a bit quieter and is a little further away from things ; college wynd and robertsons close which is in such a good central location but is known to be noisy because its by cowgate road where many clubs are ; sciennes and new arthur place but I can't find new arthur place on the preferences page. I'm going to the college of art too so these are all fairly close to that campus

Oh yes! I've just tried looking for New Arthurs place on there and it only came up before selecting my preferences. Its a decent price too so that's strange! What course are you applying too at the art school?
Reply 9
Oh yes! I've just tried looking for New Arthurs place on there and it only came up before selecting my preferences. Its a decent price too so that's strange! What course are you applying too at the art school?

I sent them an email today to find out about new arthur's place and the difference between small and standard sized rooms so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I have an offer for Product Design 2nd Year entry. What about you?
Has anyone had issues trying to book accommodation over the weekend. Can log in to MyEd ok. Keep getting a blank screen when log in to accommodation website
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone had issues trying to book accommodation over the weekend. Can log in to MyEd ok. Keep getting a blank screen when log in to accommodation website

I've just tried to log onto it and i can get onto my portal but when I click to apply for accommodation it's saying 'no information found for your record'. Idk what that means, maybe they haven't opened yet?
Original post by ggc18
I sent them an email today to find out about new arthur's place and the difference between small and standard sized rooms so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I have an offer for Product Design 2nd Year entry. What about you?

I've been trying to find out the exact same thing about the room size. Please let us know if you get a reply, it would be really helpful.
Original post by ggc18

Ahh let us know if you get anything back about New Arthur's place :smile: I have an offer for Fine art painting 2nd year! just doing my foundation at the moment.
I didn’t realise you have to pick 5 options and then get allocated one at random!
Reply 15
Original post by blaztroid
I've been trying to find out the exact same thing about the room size. Please let us know if you get a reply, it would be really helpful.

Ahh let us know if you get anything back about New Arthur's place :smile: I have an offer for Fine art painting 2nd year! just doing my foundation at the moment.

Sure guys! Will do! It was a bit concerning that most of the small room pics were the same pics as the standard room pics so hopefully they'll give some more info on that. And I remember I asked accomadations a month ago if new arthur place was available for 2022 and they told me yes so I'm confused why it's not on the preference page. Goodluck with foundation, I'm finishing foundation too!
Original post by ggc18
Sure guys! Will do! It was a bit concerning that most of the small room pics were the same pics as the standard room pics so hopefully they'll give some more info on that. And I remember I asked accomadations a month ago if new arthur place was available for 2022 and they told me yes so I'm confused why it's not on the preference page. Goodluck with foundation, I'm finishing foundation too!

Yes, this ^^^! It's actually so frustrating that they seem to be hiding the small rooms. Hopefully we can get some info soon. I've just sent an email so if I get anything through I'll make sure to put it on here.
(edited 1 year ago)
Can any current students at Pollock Halls tell me if the vegan options are any good, and is it really full of London public school types? I'm from London and would like a decent mix.
Reply 18
Original post by ggc18

I got a reply: They said New Arthur Place is being used for continuing students this year, so, not freshers and we can't apply for it.

For room sizes they said: We do not provide exact dimensions of our rooms as, although standardised, they all vary slightly. In general our standard rooms are roughly 10-12 metres squared, with our large rooms at roughly 12-14 metres squared in size. We cannot guarantee exact measurements due to the differing shapes and sizes of our properties. Small would be slightly smaller.
(edited 1 year ago)
I've applied for Pollock & Salisbury!! When will I know which one i get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending