The Student Room Group

Generic Wellbeing Blog for 2022 :)

Hey, I know it's late in the year, but my A level exams are approaching fast, so I just wanted to do regular check-ins with my wellbeing to ensure I'm looking after myself. Feel free to follow along if you want updates, and I can tag you, and if you're doing exams yourself this year, maybe you could share some tips for how you maintain your wellbeing and I can compile them all :smile:

I guess this is a sort of GYG/wellbeing blog hybrid if you will :biggrin:

Goals for myself:

Spoiler

Ways I maintain my wellbeing:

Spoiler

Tags- Let me know if you want to be added :smile:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Ooh this looks great!
29/04/22:

I got some revision materials made for law today (juries), and I get some work done for politics (notes on the 1997 General Election- to be finished), and I managed to answer a 16 mark question on outlining and evaluating the biological explanations of OCD. So I've had a semi-productive day for a change
I haven't drank much today, which is something I need to improve on tomorrow, and also getting more sleep as it's already pretty late :frown:

Tomorrow I will try and finish off my notes on the 1997 election, and attempt to drink more, as I've a long shift at work tomorrow :smile:
Original post by KA_P
Ooh this looks great!

Thank you! It's a work in progress :s-smilie:
Original post by Squiggles1238
29/04/22:

I got some revision materials made for law today (juries), and I get some work done for politics (notes on the 1997 General Election- to be finished), and I managed to answer a 16 mark question on outlining and evaluating the biological explanations of OCD. So I've had a semi-productive day for a change
I haven't drank much today, which is something I need to improve on tomorrow, and also getting more sleep as it's already pretty late :frown:

Tomorrow I will try and finish off my notes on the 1997 election, and attempt to drink more, as I've a long shift at work tomorrow :smile:

I try to bring my water bottle with me wherever I go and when I see it I try to take a sip, but honestly trying to stay hydrated is a whole task in itself. Some days are good and other days aren't :console:

Sleep wise what usually keeps you up?
Thank you! It's a work in progress :s-smilie:

Just take it a step at a time, once you get a hang of it you feel more confident :hugs:
Hey, I know it's late in the year, but my A level exams are approaching fast, so I just wanted to do regular check-ins with my wellbeing to ensure I'm looking after myself. Feel free to follow along if you want updates, and I can tag you, and if you're doing exams yourself this year, maybe you could share some tips for how you maintain your wellbeing and I can compile them all :smile:

I guess this is a sort of GYG/wellbeing blog hybrid if you will :biggrin:

Goals for myself:

Spoiler

Ways I maintain my wellbeing:

Spoiler

Tags- Let me know if you want to be added :smile:

Spoiler

Awesome! Following! Please add me to the tag list :biggrin:
Original post by KA_P
I try to bring my water bottle with me wherever I go and when I see it I try to take a sip, but honestly trying to stay hydrated is a whole task in itself. Some days are good and other days aren't :console:

Sleep wise what usually keeps you up?

Oo thats such a good idea! I usually forget to take enough to drink to college with me, or I literally just forget to drink somehow 😫
I think I stay up so late because I spend all day doing college, and college work, and going to work, that I’ve no time for myself, so I try and make up for it during the time I should be sleeping
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Awesome! Following! Please add me to the tag list :biggrin:

No problem, will do, thank you :biggrin:
Oo thats such a good idea! I usually forget to take enough to drink to college with me, or I literally just forget to drink somehow 😫
I think I stay up so late because I spend all day doing college, and college work, and going to work, that I’ve no time for myself, so I try and make up for it during the time I should be sleeping

Ah yes I understand that, but do try to make some more time for yourself and treat yourself more :hugs:
01/05/22:

I managed to get a fair amount of revision cards made for law today, so that's something, but I think today I just relaxed, as I know I have the bank holiday Monday to do a lot of revision as there's no college. I had a good day with my family today, so I think that helped with my wellbeing, and reminded me that there's more to life than A levels!!!
Still haven't managed to drink much though! I think I shall try and improve on that tomorrow by drinking lots of tea :smile:

Tomorrow I will aim to get those flashcards finished for law, and then try and answer some exam questions on them in preparation for the real thing. I will also try and finally finish those notes on the 1997 general election for politics, and I will squeeze in some psychology revision too, although I'm not sure on what yet!
And I plan once again to stay hydrated, so fingers crossed tomorrow is a good day for that! I'm posting this quite late, so obviously the plan to get more sleep is a work in progress, so let's hope I can improve on that tomorrow

Tags:

Spoiler

Original post by KA_P
Ah yes I understand that, but do try to make some more time for yourself and treat yourself more :hugs:

Thank you, I shall try!
I hope you had a good day today :smile:
01/05/22:

I managed to get a fair amount of revision cards made for law today, so that's something, but I think today I just relaxed, as I know I have the bank holiday Monday to do a lot of revision as there's no college. I had a good day with my family today, so I think that helped with my wellbeing, and reminded me that there's more to life than A levels!!!
Still haven't managed to drink much though! I think I shall try and improve on that tomorrow by drinking lots of tea :smile:

Tomorrow I will aim to get those flashcards finished for law, and then try and answer some exam questions on them in preparation for the real thing. I will also try and finally finish those notes on the 1997 general election for politics, and I will squeeze in some psychology revision too, although I'm not sure on what yet!
And I plan once again to stay hydrated, so fingers crossed tomorrow is a good day for that! I'm posting this quite late, so obviously the plan to get more sleep is a work in progress, so let's hope I can improve on that tomorrow

Tags:

Spoiler

PRSOM! Good luck with it, keep us updated :dumbells:
PRSOM! Good luck with it, keep us updated :dumbells:

Thank you, I will do!!
01/05/22:

Tags:

Spoiler

Ooh good luck!! I definitely agree that it really isn't all about A-Levels :yep:

You've got this!! :hugs:
02/05/22:

I finally finished my notes for the 1997 general election which I'm happy about, and I also revised the animal studies in attachment for psychology. I didn't do as much as I'd have liked to, but small progress is still progress none the less. I thought having a cup of tea would motivate me to stay more hydrated as it's one of my favourite drinks, but I only drank half the mug! so I must find another method to drink more.

I won't really have much time to revise tomorrow as I have such a full on day, but I do have a small break at college, so I will try and get some done then. I think I am on track to getting a good night's sleep tonight, but I will see if I'm able to put my phone down before midnight :smile:

almost forgot the tags!

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
02/05/22:

I finally finished my notes for the 1997 general election which I'm happy about, and I also revised the animal studies in attachment for psychology. I didn't do as much as I'd have liked to, but small progress is still progress none the less. I thought having a cup of tea would motivate me to stay more hydrated as it's one of my favourite drinks, but I only drank half the mug! so I must find another method to drink more.

I won't really have much time to revise tomorrow as I have such a full on day, but I do have a small break at college, so I will try and get some done then. I think I am on track to getting a good night's sleep tonight, but I will see if I'm able to put my phone down before midnight :smile:

almost forgot the tags!

Spoiler

Well done on the notes and revision :biggrin: have you tried one of those water bottles with timings on like drink to a particular line by 11am etc - doesn't have to be a case of buying one but labelling a current one. Also doesn't have to be water.

Good luck with your full on day! :dumbells:
Well done on the notes and revision :biggrin: have you tried one of those water bottles with timings on like drink to a particular line by 11am etc - doesn't have to be a case of buying one but labelling a current one. Also doesn't have to be water.

Good luck with your full on day! :dumbells:

thank you!
Ahhhh that's such a good idea, I bought a water bottle last week though :/, I wish I'd have thought of that then :/ it's a good idea to draw it on so maybe I will try that, thanks :smile:
yeah I hate drinking water so much, I can't stand the taste for some reason
thank you!
Ahhhh that's such a good idea, I bought a water bottle last week though :/, I wish I'd have thought of that then :/ it's a good idea to draw it on so maybe I will try that, thanks :smile:
yeah I hate drinking water so much, I can't stand the taste for some reason

Maybe if you don't want to draw it on, or want a more temporary idea, use sticky labels or something removable? :smile:

What about some juice/cordial to give it a bit of flavour? You can always go for no added sugar to be healthier. Still hydrating as it's mainly water but flavoured :smile:
02/05/22:

almost forgot the tags!

Spoiler

Well done! Hm what other drinks do you like? Maybe you could mix it up? Or have different types of tea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending