The Student Room Group

Balling

I got 84/100 on my DT NEA coursework, I literally did nothing for the entire year and for the last 2 weeks I basically grinded to the nth degree and got 30 A3 Powerpoint slides finished. Feels Good :smile:
I want an 8 and my teacher said its a border between 8 and 9, most likely its an 8. It would have been a 9 according to last year's grade boundaries.
For Year 12 I am not going to leave my CS NEA until the last minute!!! Lesson learned
Original post by frumentarius
I got 84/100 on my DT NEA coursework, I literally did nothing for the entire year and for the last 2 weeks I basically grinded to the nth degree and got 30 A3 Powerpoint slides finished. Feels Good :smile:
I want an 8 and my teacher said its a border between 8 and 9, most likely its an 8. It would have been a 9 according to last year's grade boundaries.
For Year 12 I am not going to leave my CS NEA until the last minute!!! Lesson learned

Ooo nice and same! I got a bit higher than 73/85 aka a bit over 86% so im technically a grade 9 and I did 15 of my 23 pages in the 2 days before it was due! Literally 8 hours straight with spotify T - T but it's over now and thats 50% of our DT GCSE done! good luck for ur theory exam :smile:)
Original post by studycafe
Ooo nice and same! I got a bit higher than 73/85 aka a bit over 86% so im technically a grade 9 and I did 15 of my 23 pages in the 2 days before it was due! Literally 8 hours straight with spotify T - T but it's over now and thats 50% of our DT GCSE done! good luck for ur theory exam :smile:)

I'm a 9 as well rn, just clutched as 83% was a 9 and I got 84%. Now I just need approx. 84/100 on the exam as well for a 9.
I really don't care much for the 9, I just want an 8 at least. Therefore, since 76% was an 8, I need to get 68% on my written exam to get an 8.
I will obviously try and get a 9 but this gave me a nice buffer so in case I don't get it I still can chill with my 8.
The week before the NEA deadline, my teacher told me I was working at a grade 5. Derp.
I got a 7 overall in DT for my mock - a 5 in coursework and a 9 in written exam. If I can replicate that theory exam score, I will get a 9 overall.
DT along with English lit, Bio and physics were my only 7s. Now DT is gone from my priority list, and I can focus on Eng Lit and the sciences. I wanna do CS at Cambridge - aiming for straight 8s and 9s
Also something even cooler, the grade boundaries are based on 2019 exams, and JCQ said all exam boards will try to get the grade boundaries between 2019 and 2021, so likely grade boundaries will go down.
Reply 4
How do you know what the grade boundaries are?
Original post by cat1974
How do you know what the grade boundaries are?

According to 2019 grade boundaries and JCQ said that they will be between 2019 and 2021 so worst case scenario they are 2019 grade boundaries
Reply 6
According to 2019 grade boundaries and JCQ said that they will be between 2019 and 2021 so worst case scenario they are 2019 grade boundaries

Thank you! Have you got a link to 2019 grade boundaries? I can't find them online
Original post by cat1974
Thank you! Have you got a link to 2019 grade boundaries? I can't find them online

My teacher told me a 9 was 84%, so I'm assuming these 2 are the grade boundaries, at least for the coursework

This is for OCR exam board just to clarify
I'm a 9 as well rn, just clutched as 83% was a 9 and I got 84%. Now I just need approx. 84/100 on the exam as well for a 9.
I really don't care much for the 9, I just want an 8 at least. Therefore, since 76% was an 8, I need to get 68% on my written exam to get an 8.
I will obviously try and get a 9 but this gave me a nice buffer so in case I don't get it I still can chill with my 8.
The week before the NEA deadline, my teacher told me I was working at a grade 5. Derp.
I got a 7 overall in DT for my mock - a 5 in coursework and a 9 in written exam. If I can replicate that theory exam score, I will get a 9 overall.
DT along with English lit, Bio and physics were my only 7s. Now DT is gone from my priority list, and I can focus on Eng Lit and the sciences. I wanna do CS at Cambridge - aiming for straight 8s and 9s

ooo thats really good! In my last theory mock I got 92% and the teacher said he made the paper close to the diffuculty of an actual exam paper but i cant tell whether hes lying or not so I'm just gonna aim high and try my best XD we have ages until the DT exam anyway so it's fine!

Quick Reply

Latest