The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Leeds or Exeter?

I have an offer for MSc Advanced Computer Science at the university of Leeds and Exeter.
can someone please help me decide between the two. Exeter is slighter less costly for fees and I only want to pay more for Leeds if it is worth it. Because I will be taking a loan so I need to go where there are better job prospects.
I have found something which you might find interesting: https://collegedunia.com/comparison/812-university-of-exeter-vs-825-university-of-leeds

I hope it helps! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by KHUSHI2512
I have an offer for MSc Advanced Computer Science at the university of Leeds and Exeter.
can someone please help me decide between the two. Exeter is slighter less costly for fees and I only want to pay more for Leeds if it is worth it. Because I will be taking a loan so I need to go where there are better job prospects.

Hello @KHUSHI2512,

First, congratulations on receiving an offer! I hope you're looking forward to moving to university in September! I'm a Student Ambassador at the University of Exeter, and while I can't necessarily offer a comparison to Leeds, I hope I can give you a better insight into university life here at Exeter.

I would highly recommend looking at the course content in the first instance. For me, as a History student, I was most attracted to the University because of the variation of modules on offer, many of which differed from those offered at other universities. This might be something that could help with your decision, so I've the link to the MSc Advanced Computer Science module here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/computerscience/compscimsc/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=emps-pgt-google-paidsearch-courses-uk-2022&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4M6fnbX19wIVHBoGAB0gPgumEAAYASAAEgKOFPD_BwE

With regards to job prospects, the university has an amazing Career Zone on hand to offer career advice and help with employment opportunities. This is a service I have really taken advantage of during my last year here at university, where I have attended CV workshops, practice interviews, and have signed up to different work placement and job alerts. If you wanted to check this out, the link is attached here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/careers/

When it comes to expenses, I have found Exeter to be a pretty affordable place to live. Rent is generally lower than most major cities, there is plenty of public transport available, but town and campus are within close walking distance too.

Aside from the more practical concerns, personally, I have really enjoyed my time here at Exeter and cannot recommend it enough. I have found the teaching to be of a very high standard, with lecturers and seminar tutors always on hand to answer any concerns and offer recommendations for further research. The campus is beautiful and very green, an ideal place to enjoy the outdoors in the spring and summer. And above all, there is a real sense of community with the other students which makes living and studying at the University of Exeter a really enjoyable experience.

I hope this has helped in some way, and please do get in touch if there is anything else we can help you with!

Kitty, University of Exeter Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending