The Student Room Group

Moving sixth form

I am currently in Y10 and think of applying sixth form in Cheltenham Ladies college, St Helen and St Katherine, Lady Eleanor Holles School or James Allen's Girls' School. For the current predict grade I get about 3 grade 6-7s, 5 grade 8s, 4 grade 9s. Anyone knows how likely I will get an offer and are there other tips to get into these schools? Thanks a lot.
(edited 1 year ago)
im in yr 10 as well but what do u wanna do like i wanna be a police officer so i be needing to do criminology so u need to find a college taht suits wht u wanna do
Reply 2
Original post by dream big 222
im in yr 10 as well but what do u wanna do like i wanna be a police officer so i be needing to do criminology so u need to find a college taht suits wht u wanna do

Obviously I did some research and I am sure these college suits me as I am not doing something pretty special in uni(and please be more focus on the question). I am thinking of doing science in a level and my gcse all three sciences get 9s. I will appreciate anyone with experience can tell me more about how competitve/ typical gcse result that the students get in order to receive these schools' offer. Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by maryc112
Obviously I did some research and I am sure these college suits me as I am not doing something pretty special in uni(and please be more focus on the question). I am thinking of doing science in a level and my gcse all three sciences get 9s. I will appreciate anyone with experience can tell me more about how competitve/ typical gcse result that the students get in order to receive these schools' offer. Thanks!

to be hones thats a bit rude but do whatever u want hun
I am currently in Y10 and think of applying sixth form in Cheltenham Ladies college, St Helen and St Katherine, Lady Eleanor Holles School or James Allen's Girls' School. For the current predict grade I get about 3 grade 6-7s, 5 grade 8s, 4 grade 9s. Anyone knows how likely I will get an offer and are there other tips to get into these schools? Thanks a lot.

hey i'm at shsk at the moment! yeah with those grades you will defo get in... just make sure you get a minimum of 7 in the subjects you want to take for A-Level. From what i know it's not difficult to get in because not many people apply here, you just have to do well in the assessments and interviews
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
hey i'm at shsk at the moment! yeah with those grades you will defo get in... just make sure you get a minimum of 7 in the subjects you want to take for A-Level. From what i know it's not difficult to get in because not many people apply here, you just have to do well in the assessments and interviews

Thanks for your message. This boost my confidence. I would like to know is the school have a lot of workload and how will you descirbe your school. Also do you know will my result be a bit challenging to get in to Cheltenham Ladies and Lady Eleanor Holles? Thanks!
I think the workload is reasonable - but everyone (students and teachers) have very high standards so that pressures students to work harder than they need to, and that can be stressful. All the students here are very driven so no one complains about the workload, they just want to get the top grades so they work really hard.

I can't complain much about my school, it's a very privileged school with many facilities. However i do feel pastoral care isn't the best here, and students are under too much stress lmao. It's a good school and you'll get good grades, it's just, everyone is under too much pressure and there is a lack of support from the school. Many people complain our school is 'dead' or boring but i guess school is what you make of it... but if you're looking for an exciting school life you won't find it here, there's a lot of work and no play lmao. You just have to decide what you are looking for in a school... if it's grades then this school is good enough but you'll have to work hard, and if it's a lot of fun and parties then you're looking at the wrong one!

Sorry i don't know anything about those other schools, but look at the league tables for their performance as that should be an indicator about workload, entry requirements and results. I think Holles and cheltenham may 'perform' higher than shsk but i don't know.

Hope this helps x
Reply 7
I think the workload is reasonable - but everyone (students and teachers) have very high standards so that pressures students to work harder than they need to, and that can be stressful. All the students here are very driven so no one complains about the workload, they just want to get the top grades so they work really hard.

I can't complain much about my school, it's a very privileged school with many facilities. However i do feel pastoral care isn't the best here, and students are under too much stress lmao. It's a good school and you'll get good grades, it's just, everyone is under too much pressure and there is a lack of support from the school. Many people complain our school is 'dead' or boring but i guess school is what you make of it... but if you're looking for an exciting school life you won't find it here, there's a lot of work and no play lmao. You just have to decide what you are looking for in a school... if it's grades then this school is good enough but you'll have to work hard, and if it's a lot of fun and parties then you're looking at the wrong one!

Sorry i don't know anything about those other schools, but look at the league tables for their performance as that should be an indicator about workload, entry requirements and results. I think Holles and cheltenham may 'perform' higher than shsk but i don't know.

Hope this helps x

Thanks a lot for the helpful information!

hey! as a former jags student (v recent) - i think all your grades should be above a 7 if you want to get it. it is quite a high performing school and the students there are very driven and bright. tips - personality is just as important as grades so try to stand out / be confident. also entrance exams you should revise / attempt for high marks to stand out :smile:
Reply 9
hey! as a former jags student (v recent) - i think all your grades should be above a 7 if you want to get it. it is quite a high performing school and the students there are very driven and bright. tips - personality is just as important as grades so try to stand out / be confident. also entrance exams you should revise / attempt for high marks to stand out :smile:

thanks for your reply. I did not get a 7 in my Eng lang end of Year 10 exam but in my predicted grade I do have a 7. Do you think I still have some chance?(I am a bit worried about that)
(edited 1 year ago)
thanks for your reply. I did not get a 7 in my Eng lang end of Year 10 exam but in my predicted grade I do have a 7. Do you think I still have some chance?(I am a bit worried about that)

it totally depends on the subjects you want to take for a level - if ur a science student then science marks shld be high, if you want to do english or essay subjects then i wld recommend maybe getting a tutor / extra help to boost ur grade :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending