The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Applicants 2022 Entry

I can’t find a thread for us prospective veterinary applicants and as we will be applying this time next year, I thought this would be a good time to make one! Let’s start with:

1) GCSE results
2) A-level options
3) Work experience so far

For me:

1) 999999886
2) Biology, Chemistry and English Literature (I’ve always really enjoyed English and think I’ll do well in it so that’s why I haven’t gone for a ‘traditional’ science subject like maths)
3) It’s quite a late decision for me to decide to study vet med. I’ll get some work experience and I’ve started applying but it will obviously be difficult to get some placements in the current climate!

Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
hey y'all.
I just want to let you guys know that there is already a chat fro 2022 applicant located here, so there are more people to discuss and ask questions to:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6497866
Reply 2
Original post by liamsamuels
I can’t find a thread for us prospective veterinary applicants and as we will be applying this time next year, I thought this would be a good time to make one! Let’s start with:

1) GCSE results
2) A-level options
3) Work experience so far

For me:

1) 999999886
2) Biology, Chemistry and English Literature (I’ve always really enjoyed English and think I’ll do well in it so that’s why I haven’t gone for a ‘traditional’ science subject like maths)
3) It’s quite a late decision for me to decide to study vet med. I’ll get some work experience and I’ve started applying but it will obviously be difficult to get some placements in the current climate!

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hi, I was just wondering how your application went since I also didn't opt for three traditional science A levels. I am also applying for veterinary medicine but for 2023 entry hopefully.
Reply 3
Original post by MuunaM
Hi, I was just wondering how your application went since I also didn't opt for three traditional science A levels. I am also applying for veterinary medicine but for 2023 entry hopefully.

Hey, I had the same worry before I applied but I honestly believe that they don't look at the third subject. I got 4 interviews and 2 offers this year and I chose History as my third subject. As long as you're predicted them 3 As in Biology, Chemistry and another academic subject, it wont be a problem :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by grace.2
Hey, I had the same worry before I applied but I honestly believe that they don't look at the third subject. I got 4 interviews and 2 offers this year and I chose History as my third subject. As long as you're predicted them 3 As in Biology, Chemistry and another academic subject, it wont be a problem :smile:

Thank you so much for responding it’s a relief finding other vet applicants who didn’t do three science a levels.
Can I ask which universities you applied to and which ones you got offers for? I’m unsure of which ones to apply to because I keep finding different opinions.
P.S good luck on your offers I’m dreading exam season in year 13.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by MuunaM
Thank you so much for responding it’s a relief finding other vet applicants who didn’t do three science a levels.
Can I ask which universities you applied to and which ones you got offers for? I’m unsure of which ones to apply to because I keep finding different opinions.
P.S good luck on your offers I’m dreading exam season in year 13.

Thank you! I applied to RVC, Liverpool, Notts and Edinburgh and I got offers for Liverpool and Notts. All unis except for Cambridge will not expect maths as a third subject but always check their websites and make sure that you meet the entry requirements for subjects, grades and work experience. Then visit the unis to decide which ones suit you best, they are all great and opinions are always going to vary :smile:
Original post by MuunaM

Hi! At this point I was quite unsure as to whether I was going to apply or not. I ended up applying to do Medicine so I now have an offer for that, sorry I can’t be of more help but it was definitely fine for my application 😊
Reply 7
Original post by grace.2
Thank you! I applied to RVC, Liverpool, Notts and Edinburgh and I got offers for Liverpool and Notts. All unis except for Cambridge will not expect maths as a third subject but always check their websites and make sure that you meet the entry requirements for subjects, grades and work experience. Then visit the unis to decide which ones suit you best, they are all great and opinions are always going to vary :smile:

Thank you so much, there's quite a few open days in July which I'm hoping will give me an insight.
Reply 8
Original post by liamsamuels
Hi! At this point I was quite unsure as to whether I was going to apply or not. I ended up applying to do Medicine so I now have an offer for that, sorry I can’t be of more help but it was definitely fine for my application 😊

Its okay I was just looking for some advice from older applicants around the application process.Congrats on the offer and good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending