The Student Room Group

Struggling with revision/exams? AMA- I got all 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* Alevel

Hi everyone, exams season can be stressful but I am looking to help as best as I can as I know how much a little help can do for someone. About me - I am an ex Warwick Law student who dropped out after 2 terms and reapplied subsequently receiving an offer to study BSc Economics (L100) at warwick. I achieved al 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* at alevel, if you have any questions about exams, law, economics, or life at warwick/ucas admissions as a whole, feel free to message me or reply to this. Hope to help however I can!
Hi, I have just one month until a levels start and would like to achieve A*A*A* in maths bio and chem, my expectation of myself puts me under a bit of pressure. What tips would you have to comfortably do this
Hello, At A level, how do you memorise content
Why did you drop out of warwick Law just wondering?
Original post by Sh0ts1
Hi everyone, exams season can be stressful but I am looking to help as best as I can as I know how much a little help can do for someone. About me - I am an ex Warwick Law student who dropped out after 2 terms and reapplied subsequently receiving an offer to study BSc Economics (L100) at warwick. I achieved al 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* at alevel, if you have any questions about exams, law, economics, or life at warwick/ucas admissions as a whole, feel free to message me or reply to this. Hope to help however I can!

What GCSEs did you take?
Do you want to go into Investment Banking? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by _Robyn_
What GCSEs did you take?

math
phy
chem
bio
eng lit
eng lang
history
computer science
german
graphic design
What alevels did u take?
Reply 8
What year did you sit the A-Levels
(edited 1 year ago)
How did u cope w exam stress?? And lack of motivation?? I’m stressed and overthinking which makes me stop working as I start thinking about life
do you think its possible to get A* in chemistry a level with one months worth of revision
Reply 11
Original post by mystudentlife
What alevels did u take?

maths physics economics!
Reply 12
Original post by Bk4753
What year did you sit the A-Levels

2021 , so they were TAG assessed!
Reply 13
Original post by mystudentlife
How did u cope w exam stress?? And lack of motivation?? I’m stressed and overthinking which makes me stop working as I start thinking about life

Original post by Nina898
Hi, I have just one month until a levels start and would like to achieve A*A*A* in maths bio and chem, my expectation of myself puts me under a bit of pressure. What tips would you have to comfortably do this

In terms of dealing with exam stress, for me I had one main outlet - gym.
I cannot put into words just how useful gym was and is to me as an outlet. I am a strong advocate for physical exercise, I myself use the gym intensely as a regular weightlifter training for strength, however, for exam stress even "low level" gym is still useful. I would recommend picking up cardio, such as bikes or running, or more favorably some weight/callisthenic movements!! Aside from gym, regular walks with friends helped me too. I have a dog and friends who live near by so we would go out daily for walks with him and these were a good chance to destress and unwind. Aside from gym/exercise/walking, pick up a TV show! I finished white collar and prison break during GCSEs and then Power, Bodyguard, Top Boy, and youtube series during A-levels.

Honestly, lack of motivation for me was also a struggle which is why most of my revision were in the last few weeks before exams. But to keep myself ticking over in the longer run-up, I just kept thinking about where i want to be in life, who i want to be, and how i can get there. I kept telling myself if i want to be earning 60k at 23 as an IB or corporate lawyer, sitting around doing nothing and failing Alevels wont get me there!
Reply 14
Original post by thegeek888
Do you want to go into Investment Banking? :s-smilie:

yep, either that or corporate law
Reply 15
Original post by Rai258
do you think its possible to get A* in chemistry a level with one months worth of revision

yep, just do alot of past papers and sleep well the night before, eat well in the morning and control your breathing just before the exam
Any tips for remembering law and is there any advice on what you think makes an A* answer? :smile:
Original post by Sh0ts1
math
phy
chem
bio
eng lit
eng lang
history
computer science
german
graphic design

how did you revise for computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending