The Student Room Group

bored in university

What do you guys do when ur kinda bored of being in ur room studying all the time, but don't really have anywhere u can go outside around you?
I'd go on a walk but the area around me isn't great ( i'm off campus)
Ocassionally i go library for change of scene, but sometimes i stay in my accom but then i get bored and have no one near me to meet up with :frown:
Go to the park.
Original post by Mystical_psychic
What do you guys do when ur kinda bored of being in ur room studying all the time, but don't really have anywhere u can go outside around you?
Ocassionally i go library for change of scene, but sometimes i stay in my accom but then i get bored and have no one near me to meet up with :frown:

I drop out.
(edited 1 year ago)

I go out and buy food every day. You can always meet up with people on campus if you're bothered?
Original post by Eigenvectorxyz
I drop out.

oop :/ ngl i considered it a few times closer to the start
Original post by ran-dumb
I go out and buy food every day. You can always meet up with people on campus if you're bothered?

i'm too broke for that lmaoo.
Yeh the time i do go on campus i ask my mate to meet up. unfortunately the few friends i have live on campus so i only see them if i go there myself too :frown:
i'm too broke for that lmaoo.
Yeh the time i do go on campus i ask my mate to meet up. unfortunately the few friends i have live on campus so i only see them if i go there myself too :frown:

I meant I never buy everything I need for the week, I break things up so there's an 'excuse' for me to get groceries every day. If you're bored and want someone to study with just hit them up, it's better than rotting in your room
I meant I never buy everything I need for the week, I break things up so there's an 'excuse' for me to get groceries every day. If you're bored and want someone to study with just hit them up, it's better than rotting in your room

ahh i see that makes sense. I usually get it all in one day to last the week.
And true i guess i could, only thing is it would be me who'd have to make my way to campus since the few ppl i know live their lol rip 😪
ahh i see that makes sense. I usually get it all in one day to last the week.
And true i guess i could, only thing is it would be me who'd have to make my way to campus since the few ppl i know live their lol rip 😪

If you're busy of course get them in one go, but something you could do if you're really bored.
How far is it to campus? If it's far you could maybe line up being with them and then something with a society idk. Or get them to visit you sometimes.
If you're busy of course get them in one go, but something you could do if you're really bored.
How far is it to campus? If it's far you could maybe line up being with them and then something with a society idk. Or get them to visit you sometimes.

it's not that far, about a 10-15 min walk to the bus stop and a 5 ish min ride from there, lmao that makes me seem so lazy ahaha
other thing about me is i have social anxiety, so since i have been waking up late i haven't gone library because i know that by the time i get there it's likely to be packed, especially cause it's exam season now to :/ i hate the idea of it being packed and it being impossible to find a place to sit ygm
What about other places that aren't the library? There could be little communal areas dotted around inside other uni buildings.
y

Original post by glodigit
What about other places that aren't the library? There could be little communal areas dotted around inside other uni buildings.

yeh sometimes i do explore those areas but never really sit there to work or anything cause i just feel lonely. So i work in the library then possibly walk around campus a bit then come home to my accom
it's not that far, about a 10-15 min walk to the bus stop and a 5 ish min ride from there, lmao that makes me seem so lazy ahaha
other thing about me is i have social anxiety, so since i have been waking up late i haven't gone library because i know that by the time i get there it's likely to be packed, especially cause it's exam season now to :/ i hate the idea of it being packed and it being impossible to find a place to sit ygm

Well if its not that far go for it! Its annoying if the library is packed, is there anywhere else you could go? Maybe even one of your friend's flats.

As a side note if you feel your social anxiety is getting in the way it might help to start talking to different people more, at societies and what not. It'll go a long way in the long run : )
i used to go to the gym in the evenings
good way to keep in health obv but always meant you've got a place to go everyday

Quick Reply

Latest