The Student Room Group
University of York
York

How much money do you spend per week as a University of York student?

^ excluding necessities (rent, food, travel, washing etc) i.e. how much ‘fun’ money?

I’m trying to plan how to budget for when I go to the University of York in September :smile:
:bump: I'd like to know this too.
University of York
York
Are you also going to York in September? :smile:
I haven't firmed yet, but I think so. :smile: What subject are you going to study?
I’ve firmed York to study Psychology. What about you - what are you planning on studying?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve firmed York to study Psychology. What about you - what are you planning on studying?

English and Philosophy. Have you visited? I was able to walk around the campus but I did the online open day.
Not yet but I’m visiting in June.
^ excluding necessities (rent, food, travel, washing etc) i.e. how much ‘fun’ money?

I’m trying to plan how to budget for when I go to the University of York in September :smile:

Hi,

I hope you're looking forward to starting at York soon! We've got loads of blogs about managing money and budgeting written by our current students. I'd check these out as they are super helpful!

Hazel :smile:

depending on whether I get food and how many drinks I buy, between 10-20 pounds
Club nights can be expensive, £6 entry for Kuda and Salvos is the most you'll have to pay
Club entry changes depending on what day it is and whether it's a student night. I also strongly recommend prebuying entry to what ever club you're looking to go to ( For flares if you prebook, whcih you can do literally on the day before 8/9pm, you don't have to pay entry and can skip the queue, whereas you'd be paying £4/£5 for entry if you just show up) it's similar for other clubs, don't think free entry but greatly discounted compared to on the door.
Thanks - that's super helpful! :smile: Is that £10-20 per week or day bc it seems like not a lot for a whole week?
Thanks - that's super helpful! :smile: Is that £10-20 per week or day bc it seems like not a lot for a whole week?

that's per day, I tend to try and not go out clubbing more than once a week
If I do go out again in the same week, i'd either pre really hard so I don't have to buy drinks in the club or just go around pubs and bars for a more chill one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending