The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UBEL (ESRC) funding application

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard from the UBEL 2022/23 funding?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Elsie_G
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard from the UBEL 2022/23 funding?

I was informed on Thursday that I was on the reserved list ... and that they will tell me the outcome after 16th May, if someone rejected the funding.
Finger crossed ...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Elsie_G
I was informed on Thursday that I was on the reserved list ... and that they will tell me the outcome after 16th May, if someone rejected the funding.
Finger crossed ...

Hi! I am on the waitlist too... I had mailed them... they said that you can expect some movement until around mid june

What pathway and university did you apply to?
Reply 3
Original post by Venugopal
Hi! I am on the waitlist too... I had mailed them... they said that you can expect some movement until around mid june

What pathway and university did you apply to?

OMG what :frown: mid June? Not mid-May? this is so far away ...

I applied to the linguistic pathway at UCL, how about you?

Hope we can get some good news early!
Original post by Elsie_G
OMG what :frown: mid June? Not mid-May? this is so far away ...

I applied to the linguistic pathway at UCL, how about you?

Hope we can get some good news early!

No they gave me the same thing about 16th may and knowing whether anybody declines their offer by then. However I had mailed them separately, and they said that beyond that as well you can expect some movement until around mid june. They wouldn't say what number I was on the reserve list though, did you mail them asking for this detail?

I applied to International Development at UCL. They also said that the wait list is common across pathways. Guess we are competing with each other in that sense:wink:.

The waiting is excruciating, especially since I also need to do a Visa and immigration process if I do get the offer...:confused:
Reply 5
No they gave me the same thing about 16th may and knowing whether anybody declines their offer by then. However I had mailed them separately, and they said that beyond that as well you can expect some movement until around mid june. They wouldn't say what number I was on the reserve list though, did you mail them asking for this detail?

I applied to International Development at UCL. They also said that the wait list is common across pathways. Guess we are competing with each other in that sense:wink:.

The waiting is excruciating, especially since I also need to do a Visa and immigration process if I do get the offer...:confused:

Hi there! I emailed them yesterday and they said that probably the results will come next week. So I'm not sure but hopefully as soon as possible.

Yes I feel the same! (also need the visa) I had never felt the time is passing by this slowly ...:s-smilie:

Anyway, hope people will decline their offers :wink:
Original post by Elsie_G
Hi there! I emailed them yesterday and they said that probably the results will come next week. So I'm not sure but hopefully as soon as possible.

Yes I feel the same! (also need the visa) I had never felt the time is passing by this slowly ...:s-smilie:

Anyway, hope people will decline their offers :wink:

Did you ask them what number on the reserve list you were?
Reply 7
Did you ask them what number on the reserve list you were?

Yes I did, but they said that was confidential so they did not tell me :frown: which has made the waiting even more painful...
SAME THING!!!

Have you managed to find anyone else in such a situation? Or any other forums where such a discussion is going on?
Reply 9
SAME THING!!!

Have you managed to find anyone else in such a situation? Or any other forums where such a discussion is going on?

sadly no:frown::frown::frown: you are the only one I found.
I was wondering how long they will give the reserved candidates time to decide whether to accept or not. If that's over a week, then I don't think I can wait that long for another round...
Hope some good news will come tomorrow!
Original post by Elsie_G
sadly no:frown::frown::frown: you are the only one I found.
I was wondering how long they will give the reserved candidates time to decide whether to accept or not. If that's over a week, then I don't think I can wait that long for another round...
Hope some good news will come tomorrow!

If its only 2 people on the list chances should be good :redface:

The amount of wishful thinking Ive done in the last few days is astounding. Do post the moment you hear something.
Reply 11
If its only 2 people on the list chances should be good :redface:

The amount of wishful thinking Ive done in the last few days is astounding. Do post the moment you hear something.

me too:wink: the first thing i do every day recently is to check my email and the smapply website

Yes I will! Let's cross our fingers and be hopeful still!
Original post by Elsie_G
me too:wink: the first thing i do every day recently is to check my email and the smapply website

Yes I will! Let's cross our fingers and be hopeful still!

Yes. World hinges on hope. Which country would you be applying for a visa from?
Reply 13
Yes. World hinges on hope. Which country would you be applying for a visa from?

I'll apply possibly from China, though now I am in the UK. How about you?
I will be applying from India.
The visa process is going to be a bit difficult as well. Because of Ukraine. All express/priority routes have been halted here..
Hey! Suddenly the text on the sm apply portal has changed from Waitlist to nothing... it just says submitted now... have you checked the portal anytime recently?
Reply 16
No :frown: Mine is still waiting list ... does this mean you have been into the acceptance stage?

Hey! Suddenly the text on the sm apply portal has changed from Waitlist to nothing... it just says submitted now... have you checked the portal anytime recently?
Reply 17

If you get the offer, may I ask how long they would let you consider taking it or not? Thanks!!
Original post by Elsie_G
If you get the offer, may I ask how long they would let you consider taking it or not? Thanks!!

Of course!. This just may be the first step to a permanent rejection though. I dont know whether to get my hopes up or not
Reply 19
Of course!. This just may be the first step to a permanent rejection though. I dont know whether to get my hopes up or not

omg this is making me sooooo nervous ... I hope their results can come out as soon as possible now no matter it is for me :frown: Fingers are like, crossed so hard lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending