The Student Room Group

Help for living cost

Hi. I appreciate if anyone can answer my questions please. I applied for student finance and in the part of help for living cost I asked for higher and submitted that, and my parents got the emails to fill it. Now I find out that depends on my family income I'm not eligible for higher help for living cost. Is there any way to make it correct? Am I still eligible for standard help for living cost? And finally if I can make it right online through my account, what my parents should do about the emails they have already received? Thanks.
Original post by Eager1
Hi. I appreciate if anyone can answer my questions please. I applied for student finance and in the part of help for living cost I asked for higher and submitted that, and my parents got the emails to fill it. Now I find out that depends on my family income I'm not eligible for higher help for living cost. Is there any way to make it correct? Am I still eligible for standard help for living cost? And finally if I can make it right online through my account, what my parents should do about the emails they have already received? Thanks.

Hi there,

Are you no longer requesting to be assessed for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan funding using your parents financial income details?

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,

Are you no longer requesting to be assessed for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan funding using your parents financial income details?

Thanks, Angela.

Yes, I filled the form when the applying for student finance opened and I still want the tuition fee and standard maintenance for cost of living but not higher maintenance. As I told before based on my family incomes (that's a little bit higher than threshold ) so I don't think I'm eligible. I appreciate if you answer my questions in my previous post please.
Original post by Eager1
Yes, I filled the form when the applying for student finance opened and I still want the tuition fee and standard maintenance for cost of living but not higher maintenance. As I told before based on my family incomes (that's a little bit higher than threshold ) so I don't think I'm eligible. I appreciate if you answer my questions in my previous post please.

Hi there,

Apologies, if your household income exceeds the threshold you would only receive the standard amount of Maintenance Loan and the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 4
I already submitted my student finance application and don't know how to correct it? Do my parents should answer the link questions from their emails even if I can change from higher to standard amount of Maintenance loan ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Eager1
I already submitted my student finance application and don't know how to correct it? Do my parents should answer the link questions from their emails even if I can change from higher to standard amount of Maintenance loan ?

Hi there,

If no parental details are received we will automatically assess you for the standard amount of funding or you can send us a letter advising that you wish to be Non Means tested only.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 6
Thank you. Can I change anything from my account to be considered to have standard Maintenance loan instead of higher? I mean edit that part.
Original post by Eager1
Thank you. Can I change anything from my account to be considered to have standard Maintenance loan instead of higher? I mean edit that part.

Hi there,

You can contact us to request this via you online account - you can chat with one of our advisors or send a secure message in your student finance account. Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 8
Thanks. Is 20th May the deadline for parents to reply to their emails too ?
Original post by Eager1
Thanks. Is 20th May the deadline for parents to reply to their emails too ?

Hi there,

There is no deadline for parents details to be provided the deadline is for student applications to be received.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 10
Thank you so much for your help. 🙏🙏
Original post by Eager1

Hi there, Have your parents provided their financial information in support of your application? Thanks, Karen
Reply 12
Hi. I passed all the information you gave me to my parents. Luckily I got an offer from uni in our city so will live home. I thought it's just a minimum and a maximum amount for Maintenance Loan but then I found a table that shows it's a range. What you consider incomes it's before tax, is it right?
Original post by Eager1
Hi. I passed all the information you gave me to my parents. Luckily I got an offer from uni in our city so will live home. I thought it's just a minimum and a maximum amount for Maintenance Loan but then I found a table that shows it's a range. What you consider incomes it's before tax, is it right?

We would require your parents gross income information to support your application. Thanks, Karen
Reply 14
Thanks. After you gave all the information , I passed them to my parents and they sent their financial information to you.
Original post by Eager1
Thanks. After you gave all the information , I passed them to my parents and they sent their financial information to you.

Perfect! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Reply 16
Thank you so much. 🙏🙏
Original post by Eager1
Thank you so much. 🙏🙏

You're welcome! Have a lovely day!

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending