The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Psychology

I am still waiting for answer for pshychology, applied through UCAS as UK student and have not been able to create account on Kings portal - they say my email address is already registered but it won't let me create an account so assume I just have to reply on UCAS notification - any advice please, is it last day for receiving Psychology offers?
Are you applying for an undergrad? If so try using UCAS to apply or have you tried a different email address? I’m sure you still got time
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Noble.x
Are you applying for an undergrad? If so try using UCAS to apply or have you tried a different email address? I’m sure you still got time

Applying for undergrad. I am using email address I used to apply... but assume that any answer will come via UCAS anyway even if a bit later?
Original post by saucisson22
Applying for undergrad. I am using email address I used to apply... but assume that any answer will come via UCAS anyway even if a bit later?

Yhh all answers will come via UCAS
Original post by Noble.x
Yhh all answers will come via UCAS

thanks
1) its not the last day for receiving offers. you still have until the 19th of may!
2) UCAS will still send you the final notification.
3) have you ever done a summer camp at KCL before? my friend had a similar issue back when they first applied where it said that their email was already used for an account, so they used the password they made when they applied to the summer course and it worked.
4) it's a little late now (idk when you applied, but considering there are 5 days left) but you could call or email kings letting them know your portal isn't working. i sent them an email two weeks after UCAS received my application in december because i didn't get any portal info yet and they sent me the stuff a day later.

good luck!
Original post by ohitscameronc
1) its not the last day for receiving offers. you still have until the 19th of may!
2) UCAS will still send you the final notification.
3) have you ever done a summer camp at KCL before? my friend had a similar issue back when they first applied where it said that their email was already used for an account, so they used the password they made when they applied to the summer course and it worked.
4) it's a little late now (idk when you applied, but considering there are 5 days left) but you could call or email kings letting them know your portal isn't working. i sent them an email two weeks after UCAS received my application in december because i didn't get any portal info yet and they sent me the stuff a day later.

good luck!

Thanks, Never done a summer camp at KCL, I am just worried I may have missed a request for more info if not on Kings Portal, but am UK student so not sure what else they would ask for? OK tks will email them but think it's looking pretty unhopeful if we are nearing the end of the offer cycle, think they will probably send out rejections from now on. Do we know how many places they have because one top uni had 3000 applicants for 300 places so they only took A*A*A*....crazy
Original post by saucisson22
Thanks, Never done a summer camp at KCL, I am just worried I may have missed a request for more info if not on Kings Portal, but am UK student so not sure what else they would ask for? OK tks will email them but think it's looking pretty unhopeful if we are nearing the end of the offer cycle, think they will probably send out rejections from now on. Do we know how many places they have because one top uni had 3000 applicants for 300 places so they only took A*A*A*....crazy

i'm not sure how many places they have left, but i'm hoping you and other psych applicants on the kcl 2022 thread hear good news. if you're a UK student you could also straight up call their admissions services (just google for kcl's admissions dept. contact) so they respond faster. fingers crossed!

and yeah, it's been so competitive for psych this year... i got rejected from UCL despite having 44/45 predicted (IB) which is A*A*A* equivalent. i know grades aren't everything but i felt that my PS was strong too. i'm so thankful king's took me :"]
i'm not sure how many places they have left, but i'm hoping you and other psych applicants on the kcl 2022 thread hear good news. if you're a UK student you could also straight up call their admissions services (just google for kcl's admissions dept. contact) so they respond faster. fingers crossed!

and yeah, it's been so competitive for psych this year... i got rejected from UCL despite having 44/45 predicted (IB) which is A*A*A* equivalent. i know grades aren't everything but i felt that my PS was strong too. i'm so thankful king's took me :"]

Good luck at kcl, thanks for the advice.

Congrats on your KCL's offer although sorry about UCL. What are your 3 HLs and your predicted scores for them?
Original post by BubblesBB
Congrats on your KCL's offer although sorry about UCL. What are your 3 HLs and your predicted scores for them?

thank you!
i did HL biology, anthropology and chemistry; predicted 776 respectively. :]
thank you!
i did HL biology, anthropology and chemistry; predicted 776 respectively. :]

Thank you! I'm doing Bio and Chem too, with the 3rd being Psy.
Thank you! I'm doing Bio and Chem too, with the 3rd being Psy.

oooh, nice! i wish my school offered IB psychology. would take it over HL chem in a heartbeat lol.
how'd you find the exams? hope you're enjoying your post exam break before results day :]
oooh, nice! i wish my school offered IB psychology. would take it over HL chem in a heartbeat lol.
how'd you find the exams? hope you're enjoying your post exam break before results day :]

I love Chem. :-) I am in Grade 11, and researching for universities to put in my UCAS apps this fall. I will be where you are now same time next year!

Enjoy your break and I am sure you are going to have smashing results!
I love Chem. :-) I am in Grade 11, and researching for universities to put in my UCAS apps this fall. I will be where you are now same time next year!

Enjoy your break and I am sure you are going to have smashing results!

oh awesome!! if you're looking for any suggestions or advice for the personal statement for psych and whatever feel free to reach out.
and thank you! :]

Quick Reply

Latest