The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 7182/2 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 7182/2 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 8th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

first one here!
Original post by s_m2222
first one here!

Congratulations! How are you feeling ahead of your exams?
Original post by Evil Homer
Congratulations! How are you feeling ahead of your exams?

quite nervous to be honest. I just want to get it over and done with. I’m hoping after sitting the first exam, I’ll be less nervous for the rest but we will have to wait and see. Trying to remember that’s everyone is in the same position 😅
what's the difference between inter-observer reliability and inter-rater reliability
Original post by eighthirty
what's the difference between inter-observer reliability and inter-rater reliability

inter-observer reliability is the same as inter-rater reliability. They are the extent of agreement between 2+ observers (seen in ainsworth's strange situation)
Do you think that they're gonna make us design an experiment in the research methods section? Because it's rarely come up so they might decide to give it to us
Original post by diya277
Do you think that they're gonna make us design an experiment in the research methods section? Because it's rarely come up so they might decide to give it to us

yeah almost definitely, they always have a 12 marker at the end of the research methods section
My teacher just told us there might still be 1-4 markers on topics not on the advanced information?! I literally haven't revised anything not on the advanced info so I'm panicking
Original post by zoeology
My teacher just told us there might still be 1-4 markers on topics not on the advanced information?! I literally haven't revised anything not on the advanced info so I'm panicking

I haven't touched any of the non-advanced info besides issues and debates so I assume majority of people are in the same boat. I'm sure its going to be fine tho! try not to panic, we can do this : ))
Original post by newgoose
I haven't touched any of the non-advanced info besides issues and debates so I assume majority of people are in the same boat. I'm sure its going to be fine tho! try not to panic, we can do this : ))

i hope so ahhh thank you !! we got this

My teacher only said that at most they would give for non-advanced info topics is 2 marks since they aren't making us focus on those topics. I think that 4 markers on the non-advanced info topics would be a bit mean since the advanced info is the topics they want us to focus our revision on
Original post by diya277
My teacher only said that at most they would give for non-advanced info topics is 2 marks since they aren't making us focus on those topics. I think that 4 markers on the non-advanced info topics would be a bit mean since the advanced info is the topics they want us to focus our revision on

yeah i really hope no 4 or 3 markers ... including stuff that's not in the advanced info at all is a bit mean i think
From AQA's advanced information (found here :https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/content...7182-AI-22.PDF)
- For each paper the list shows the major focus of the content of the exam
- Students and teachers should consider how to focus their revision of other non-listed parts
of the specification, for example to review whether other topics may provide knowledge
which helps understanding in relation to the areas being tested in 2022.
- Students will be expected to draw on knowledge, skills and understanding from across the specification when responding to synoptic questions and extended writing.
- Students will be credited for using any relevant knowledge from any non-listed topic areas when answering questions.
basically no, we do not need to know stuff not on the advanced info, but if we use it in our answers to questions, we will still be awarded marks. Please stop panicking, we've got this !
yeah i really hope no 4 or 3 markers ... including stuff that's not in the advanced info at all is a bit mean i think

True. Hopefully they focus on the content that they actually gave us to focus revision on
how exact do you think we need to be when presenting findings of experiments eg with percentages etc
how exact do you think we need to be when presenting findings of experiments eg with percentages etc

With stuff like Ainsworth I think we need to be fairly precise with the findings of the original study, but i think with smaller studies like the cultural variations we can be less specific
what do you guys think paper 2 will be like ? Any question predictions ?
Yeah what does everyone think the 16 markers will be on???
I think they'll give us a question to make an experiment or something for research methods. Not sure about biospsych and approaches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending