The Student Room Group

What is a UFC role at Tesco?

What does the UFC role involve?

Scroll to see replies

UFC isn't a role, it's a type of facility: Urban Fulfilment Centre.

As you might expect, there are a variety of roles as such a facility. These job specifications describe some such roles:

Urban Fulfilment Centre - Shift Leader - Nights
Group Maintenance Manager - UFC (Urban Fulfilment Centre)
Operative - Fulfillment nights
Original post by AishaMo
What does the UFC role involve?

As OP said in post #2

You will basically be picking the online orders for customers as they come in so that they are ready to collect by the driver to deliver to the customer within the set time that they specifically asked for it to be delivered to their 🏠🏠

It's a fast pace environment the online orders centre's as you need to pick xxx items per hour and it's all tracked by the computer system and management.
It's a enjoyable job but you are under pressure to make sure you can correct the orders asap basically.

Tesco has decided to open lots of those facilities to cope with the online demand's that was created by the pandemic. Majority of those are currently in England and further expansion to continue.

Team leader and stand in supervisor with Tesco.

Good luck with the application.
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W
As OP said in post #2

You will basically be picking the online orders for customers as they come in so that they are ready to collect by the driver to deliver to the customer within the set time that they specifically asked for it to be delivered to their 🏠🏠

It's a fast pace environment the online orders centre's as you need to pick xxx items per hour and it's all tracked by the computer system and management.
It's a enjoyable job but you are under pressure to make sure you can correct the orders asap basically.

Tesco has decided to open lots of those facilities to cope with the online demand's that was created by the pandemic. Majority of those are currently in England and further expansion to continue.

Team leader and stand in supervisor with Tesco.

Good luck with the application.

thank you so much!
It's just because the Tesco that I applied to was probably lazy and only had the responsibilities of the shop floor, tills etc. with the title of a UFC operative and nothing about picking orders or anything.
So thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
UFC isn't a role, it's a type of facility: Urban Fulfilment Centre.

As you might expect, there are a variety of roles as such a facility. These job specifications describe some such roles:

Urban Fulfilment Centre - Shift Leader - Nights
Group Maintenance Manager - UFC (Urban Fulfilment Centre)
Operative - Fulfillment ni

Thank you, this helps a lot.
The one I applied to only has the following so that's why I was a bit confused as the title was UFC Operative and one of my friends said it might be different so I just wanted to make sure before the interview.

You will be responsible for:
Serving customers on our checkouts ensuring they receive an easy, seamless and personalised experience
Delivering department routines
Manually condensing stock and handling products with care to maintain product quality
Championing the reduction of food waste
Following company policies and adhering to health and safety guidelines
Being knowledgeable about the products and services in my store and helping customers by giving great natural service
Replenishing products within my store
At times, you may be required to accept deliveries into the store
Original post by AishaMo
thank you so much!
It's just because the Tesco that I applied to was probably lazy and only had the responsibilities of the shop floor, tills etc. with the title of a UFC operative and nothing about picking orders or anything.
So thank you :smile:

Hi
I wouldn't have thought that the store staff at that particular store is lazy as majority are very hardworking.

I'm surprised they didn't know nothing about ordering and picking customers orders like as the staff.

So you are now applying for a customer colleague position working on the shop floor and that's just as hard as doing online ordering.
Reply 6
Thank you!!
Hmm it'll be interesting.
Original post by AishaMo
Thank you!!
Hmm it'll be interesting.

It will definitely be interesting for you if you are successful 🙂

You'll be busy at certain times of the year especially if they are doing a special event in the store.

Hopefully you will get a interview
Just keep trying for various jobs positions until successful.
Reply 8
It will definitely be interesting for you if you are successful 🙂

You'll be busy at certain times of the year especially if they are doing a special event in the store.

Hopefully you will get a interview
Just keep trying for various jobs positions until successful.

I did get the interview that's why I asked as I didn't want to be completely clueless once I get there 😂. I've been working in a bit catering assistant role for the past 2 years and wanted a bit of change.
Thank you again for the amazing tips
Original post by AishaMo
I did get the interview that's why I asked as I didn't want to be completely clueless once I get there 😂. I've been working in a bit catering assistant role for the past 2 years and wanted a bit of change.
Thank you again for the amazing tips

Well done for getting the interview okay.
No worries in trying to assist.

Obviously every interview is different from one another but basically they will ask you why you want to work with Tesco, any previous retail experience but not necessary ok, bit about yourself and if you are successful with the interview you'll be asked along to an induction day for when you will be watching videos on health and safety, about the history of Tesco and how it became how they are today, also filling out your necessary paperwork ( Bank details, national insurance number, proof of work documents - take those with you) and your uniform order as well and perhaps some time on the shop floor.

Good luck with it XX 😃
Reply 10
Well done for getting the interview okay.
No worries in trying to assist.

Obviously every interview is different from one another but basically they will ask you why you want to work with Tesco, any previous retail experience but not necessary ok, bit about yourself and if you are successful with the interview you'll be asked along to an induction day for when you will be watching videos on health and safety, about the history of Tesco and how it became how they are today, also filling out your necessary paperwork ( Bank details, national insurance number, proof of work documents - take those with you) and your uniform order as well and perhaps some time on the shop floor.

Good luck with it XX 😃

Thank you so so much! 🙌😄
Original post by AishaMo
Thank you so so much! 🙌😄

No worries 😌😌

Hopefully you'll be ok with the interview process okay 🙂🙂
Reply 12
No worries 😌😌

Hopefully you'll be ok with the interview process okay 🙂🙂

Sorry to bother you again but questions keep popping in my head.
1. Are the shifts advertised on the job vacancy always what you are assigned or is it flexible in some way?
2. Do they give a break?

Thank you again 🤍
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AishaMo
Sorry to bother you again but questions keep popping in my head.
1. Are the shifts advertised on the job vacancy always what you are assigned or is it flexible in some way?
2. Do they give a break?

Thank you again 🤍

Hi Aisha X
Majority of the jobs advertised usually have the shifts and days on it ( a example is below)

Shift pattern
Sun
07:00:00
12:00:00
Wed
Fri

You might be asked if you can actually work different shifts pattern than what was advertised but you'll need to discuss the issue with the individual store manager's about it okay.

Breaks depend on what hours you are working as rough guide below will show you what you are entitled to regarding breaks ok.
(. Yep unpaid breaks:
- 4 hour shift - no break (unless under 18 then its 15 minutes)
- 4.5 hour shift - 15 minutes.
- 6 hour shift - 30 minutes.
- 7 hour shift - 45 minutes.
- 8 hour shift - 60 minutes.
- 9 hour shift - 90 minutes.

No worries okay ☺️🤠
Reply 14
Hi Aisha X
Majority of the jobs advertised usually have the shifts and days on it ( a example is below)

Shift pattern
Sun
Wed
Fri

You might be asked if you can actually work different shifts pattern than what was advertised but you'll need to discuss the issue with the individual store manager's about it okay.

Breaks depend on what hours you are working as rough guide below will show you what you are entitled to regarding breaks ok.
(. Yep unpaid breaks:
- 4 hour shift - no break (unless under 18 then its 15 minutes)
- 4.5 hour shift - 15 minutes.
- 6 hour shift - 30 minutes.
- 7 hour shift - 45 minutes.
- 8 hour shift - 60 minutes.
- 9 hour shift - 90 minutes.

No worries okay ☺️🤠

Brilliant! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by AishaMo
Brilliant! Thank you! :smile:

No worries 😊
Sometimes breaks don't always go to plan but you'll eventually get it.

Let's know how you doing once you have your interview 🙂
Reply 16
No worries 😊
Sometimes breaks don't always go to plan but you'll eventually get it.

Let's know how you doing once you have your interview 🙂

Thank you for your support! I have got an offer now from them. X
@AishaMo

Hi
Thanks for letting me know about your excellent news of getting offered a job with Tesco.
That's good news for you and hope you are looking forward to getting started with them soon 🤠🤠😉

What happens next is you'll be given a date & time to go along and do your introduction day and take with you to this - bank card details, national insurance number, watch videos of the history of how Tesco started, health and safety procedures, maybe have opportunity to do something on the shop floor and most importantly fill out your uniform order.

Plus remember that you'll be paid less for the first 12 weeks as this is usually classed as a probation period and after that you'll be paid the same rate per hour as rest of the staff.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
@AishaMo

Hi
Thanks for letting me know about your excellent news of getting offered a job with Tesco.
That's good news for you and hope you are looking forward to getting started with them soon 🤠🤠😉

What happens next is you'll be given a date & time to go along and do your introduction day and take with you to this - bank card details, national insurance number, watch videos of the history of how Tesco started, health and safety procedures, maybe have opportunity to do something on the shop floor and most importantly fill out your uniform order.

Plus remember that you'll be paid less for the first 12 weeks as this is usually classed as a probation period and after that you'll be paid the same rate per hour as rest of the staff.

Thank you!!! Means a lot.
Wishing you the best x
Original post by AishaMo
Thank you!!! Means a lot.
Wishing you the best x

Hey thanks XX
Glad you got the have job
And it wasn't any trouble in giving you the information on things 🙂🙂

Wishing you the best as well with your new job with Tesco xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending