The Student Room Group

AS econ edexcel exam 2022/ 16 may

idk if there was already a thread for this, i couldnt see one
but those of you who sat the paper, how did u find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miasmarome

Hi, I've moved your thread to the Economics Exams area! Hopefully some other AS students will see it in there :smile:

MP

I did AQA. You?
Original post by Half human
I did AQA. You?

edexcel, how did u find the paper

Mate it was a cheeky paper

It was alright, not horrible! Wbu?
i did edexcel A economics AS, who else did that? it was wet icl
Original post by Chidiefe
Mate it was a cheeky paper

what question was hardest, ngl the 10 marker was confusing
Original post by TrenchKidd

Don't you get a choice between context 1 or context 2? For AQA you can pick what essay questions you want to do.
Don't you get a choice between context 1 or context 2? For AQA you can pick what essay questions you want to do.

yeah we did. I chose option g the one about government intervention in the fish market. the only trouble i faced was with the 10 and 15 marker, the rest of the paper was decent. how was yours?
yeah we did. I chose option g the one about government intervention in the fish market. the only trouble i faced was with the 10 and 15 marker, the rest of the paper was decent. how was yours?

It was about the effectiveness of price laws and indirect tax in a particular market (not gonna give too much details in case teachers wanna use t for mocks in the future :wink:) but it was alright, wrote 3 thicc paragraphs, but didn't finish the conclusion. :frown:
It was about the effectiveness of price laws and indirect tax in a particular market (not gonna give too much details in case teachers wanna use t for mocks in the future :wink:) but it was alright, wrote 3 thicc paragraphs, but didn't finish the conclusion. :frown:

you know what i thought it was me but the timings on economics papers especially in edexcel is not enough, i thank God managed to finish the whole paper
Reply 12
nah mate, the 6 and 4 marker were the hardest, ive never seen the edexcel spec ever talking about bloody private ownership and then some weird ass calculation for the 4 marker it was weird as hell, deffo lost all 10 marks there. But i hope i did decent on my 15 and 20 marker

same i did edexcel
hehe wet like the fish
but i ran sooo bad out of time, i left out qs
Original post by Bleu_
nah mate, the 6 and 4 marker were the hardest, ive never seen the edexcel spec ever talking about bloody private ownership and then some weird ass calculation for the 4 marker it was weird as hell, deffo lost all 10 marks there. But i hope i did decent on my 15 and 20 marker

yh usually econ maths qs are so easy but this one actually required more brain
which section did u start with?
i started with a and made a mistake
Original post by Bleu_

the 6 marker was basically the opposite of a public good right? so it was rivalry and excludable. the 4 marker i got like 700 thousand or something you needed to find percentage change which was -0.16
the 6 marker was basically the opposite of a public good right? so it was rivalry and excludable. the 4 marker i got like 700 thousand or something you needed to find percentage change which was -0.16

same thats my 2 points for 6 marker
omggg i got the same ans for 4 marker
yh usually econ maths qs are so easy but this one actually required more brain
which section did u start with?
i started with a and made a mistake

i went in order so started with A. How did you find the 10 marker? i had nothing to talk about so i just did defintion of negative ext one point and one evaluation, my point was that its rational for firms to act like that since they want to maximise profits
same thats my 2 points for 6 marker
omggg i got the same ans for 4 marker

lool i clutched
i went in order so started with A. How did you find the 10 marker? i had nothing to talk about so i just did defintion of negative ext one point and one evaluation, my point was that its rational for firms to act like that since they want to maximise profits

yh same but for evaulation, i said in long term, their supply is diminished so theyre not acting rationally enough to think about long term consequences

Quick Reply