The Student Room Group

AS psychology 2022

Did anyone do AS psychology exam today?? How did people find it lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kk15405
Did anyone do AS psychology exam today?? How did people find it lol

yeah i did the aqa as psychology i think it went well overall but i missed the question on types of distribution i have no idea what it was asking for tbh
Reply 2
Original post by Chantal_
yeah i did the aqa as psychology i think it went well overall but i missed the question on types of distribution i have no idea what it was asking for tbh

yeha same i completely skipped that question out. felt like i could have done better for the 12 marker on multi store model what points did you say
Original post by kk15405
yeha same i completely skipped that question out. felt like i could have done better for the 12 marker on multi store model what points did you say

i actually practiced this exact question the night before which was lucky. for my outline i mentioned it being created by Atkinson and shiffrin, that its a theoritcal model and then described the capacity coding and duration of the sr,stm and ltm. for evaluation i did that there was loads of supporting studies, patient hm, and a weakness was the studies lacked ecological validity. What did you put?
Reply 4
i actually practiced this exact question the night before which was lucky. for my outline i mentioned it being created by Atkinson and shiffrin, that its a theoritcal model and then described the capacity coding and duration of the sr,stm and ltm. for evaluation i did that there was loads of supporting studies, patient hm, and a weakness was the studies lacked ecological validity. What did you put?

i wrote the coding capacity and duration of sr, stm and ltm like you did, i spoke about patient KF, and i spoke about how it was too oversimplistic, and i said that it paved the way for other theories such as the working memory model to be introduced.
Original post by kk15405
i wrote the coding capacity and duration of sr, stm and ltm like you did, i spoke about patient KF, and i spoke about how it was too oversimplistic, and i said that it paved the way for other theories such as the working memory model to be introduced.

that sounds really good im sure you will be fine! how did you find the one on maternal depivation theory, i had that question on a mock a couple weeks ago but i hadnt revised so u fully left in blank but i think it went will this time.
Reply 6
that sounds really good im sure you will be fine! how did you find the one on maternal depivation theory, i had that question on a mock a couple weeks ago but i hadnt revised so u fully left in blank but i think it went will this time.

im not sure whether i confused maternal deprivation with monotropic attachment, but i wrote about rutter and the romanian orphans and how like if an attachment was formed before 6 months then they grow fine but if its after then they arent fine. i also spoke about the 44 thieves experiment and how 17 were remorseless and 15 out of the 17 didnt have a mum. I spoke about the need for a critical period as well
Reply 7
Guys do u only get 1 12 marker for AS?
Reply 8
what other long questions were there? i know AQA didnt mention the fact that the topics are arranged in rank order but MSM is legit top of list for memory so if u guys get another essay for paper 2 that is on top of the list then maybe they were lazy and didnt bother putting it in different order ??
Original post by kk15405
im not sure whether i confused maternal deprivation with monotropic attachment, but i wrote about rutter and the romanian orphans and how like if an attachment was formed before 6 months then they grow fine but if its after then they arent fine. i also spoke about the 44 thieves experiment and how 17 were remorseless and 15 out of the 17 didnt have a mum. I spoke about the need for a critical period as well

The maternal deprivation theory was about the 44 thieves study and affectionless psychopathy by Bowlby so yeah thats the right thing. the romanian orphans was to do with institutionalisation but was about maternal privation not deprivation so im not sure if it would count or not. The monotropic theory is about Adaptiveness, Social releasers, Critical period, Monotropic theory, Internal working model (ASC MI) also by Bowlby.
Original post by fh2712
what other long questions were there? i know AQA didnt mention the fact that the topics are arranged in rank order but MSM is legit top of list for memory so if u guys get another essay for paper 2 that is on top of the list then maybe they were lazy and didnt bother putting it in different order ??

there was one 12 marker on maternal deprivation theory, a 6 marker on zimbardos procedure and i think an 8 marker on WMM those were the only long-ish ones i remeber
Reply 11
there was one 12 marker on maternal deprivation theory, a 6 marker on zimbardos procedure and i think an 8 marker on WMM those were the only long-ish ones i remeber

there was nothing on WMM there was stuff on multi store model
Original post by kk15405

oh yeah my bad i meant msm
Original post by kk15405

the 12 marker was either msm or maternal deprivation i forgot which was which but the other was an 8 marker
Thanks guys guess my theory was nonsense since maternal deprivation is legit bottom of list so couldn’t have been that! All the best hope you guys smash the rest !!
Original post by fh2712
Thanks guys guess my theory was nonsense since maternal deprivation is legit bottom of list so couldn’t have been that! All the best hope you guys smash the rest !!

thanks u too! are you doing a level?
thanks u too! are you doing a level?

Yes I am first exams next week !!
Hey guys, was there anything on the exam that wasn't on the advanced information? Doing my a-level in a week!
Reply 18
Original post by briana2585
Hey guys, was there anything on the exam that wasn't on the advanced information? Doing my a-level in a week!

Nope, pretty much everything was on advanced information. Good luck!
Original post by kk15405
Nope, pretty much everything was on advanced information. Good luck!

Ah that's reassuring then, thanks :biggrin: I hope u get good results!

Quick Reply

Latest