The Student Room Group

Aqa AS psychology exam

Anyone just do the aqa as psychology exam? How did u guys find it ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i didnt revise maternal deprivation and wrote a single messy A01 paragraph and one A03 paragraph and mentioned rutters institution study about how they had a ton of caregivers. Im praying on grade boundaries to be lower cuz that went horribly for me. what is everyones predicitons on grade boundaries.
Original post by thevibex

it was alright but i could have done a lot better. i wrote some messed up points about evaluation of multi store model i just said it paved the way for newer models but i accidentally said the behavioural model instead of the working memory model lol

there was this question on the types of distribution and i had 0 clue on how to answer it
i got the 2nd question wrong, it was like describe social change

for the maternal deprivation question, i wrote about rutter, some czech case study where they were 7 years old and depressed but had managed to not be depressed and be healthy teenagers, and a critical and sensitive period. i think i may have confused monotropic theory and maternal deprivation. grade boundaries are gonna be lower than 2019 im pretty sure but i dont think it will be that much lower. i reckon 94/144 is needed for an A and 82/144 is needed for a B

i also found it to be incredibly time pressuring
Reply 4
It was okay, not many questions on research methods (luckily) but the 4 marker on the distribution threw me a little! Research methods in general will always be the worst questions of the paper!
Original post by Ar244
It was okay, not many questions on research methods (luckily) but the 4 marker on the distribution threw me a little! Research methods in general will always be the worst questions of the paper!

what did you write for definition of social change and for the 12 marker on multi store model?
BRO WHY WAS THIS EXAM SO SPECIFICALLY HARD TO MANAGE TIME. everyone said they ran out of time, i missed a good 14 marks left unanswered as i had no time left, bare in mind i’ve averaged 82% on paper 1s before
Reply 7
Did any topics not listed on the advanced information come up?
Original post by zay_da
Did any topics not listed on the advanced information come up?

nah
Reply 9
Original post by unirixz
i didnt revise maternal deprivation and wrote a single messy A01 paragraph and one A03 paragraph and mentioned rutters institution study about how they had a ton of caregivers. Im praying on grade boundaries to be lower cuz that went horribly for me. what is everyones predicitons on grade boundaries.

I feel like they’ll be higher cuz we were given advance info. But that’s so smart I didn’t even think about using Romanian orphan studies and that was on the advanced info but it wasn’t a direct question
Reply 10
Original post by bussytightclean
BRO WHY WAS THIS EXAM SO SPECIFICALLY HARD TO MANAGE TIME. everyone said they ran out of time, i missed a good 14 marks left unanswered as i had no time left, bare in mind i’ve averaged 82% on paper 1s before

FR THO . I practiced loads of past paper qs and I’m always on time but this was so long lol

i found it decent tbh, the 12 marker was great but i feel like my ao3 could've been more specific to the textbook- i talked abt clive wearing and the WMM and diff types of ltm. the distribution question threw me, and the 8 marker could have been better bc i was struggling to remember key info but i referred to bowlby's 44 thieves study
did you lot finish the paper? i wonder if people may have lost marks due to missing out questions, could lead to lower grade boundaries.
Original post by kk15405
did you lot finish the paper? i wonder if people may have lost marks due to missing out questions, could lead to lower grade boundaries.

i finished, but literally in the nick of time. i didnt get the chance to check anything but it was okay for the most part
Reply 14
Original post by chailattee
i found it decent tbh, the 12 marker was great but i feel like my ao3 could've been more specific to the textbook- i talked abt clive wearing and the WMM and diff types of ltm. the distribution question threw me, and the 8 marker could have been better bc i was struggling to remember key info but i referred to bowlby's 44 thieves study

Seeing as it was only 8 marks I think his hypothesis and an outline of the 44 thieves study would've been sufficient!
Reply 15
i finished, but literally in the nick of time. i didnt get the chance to check anything but it was okay for the most part

I finished but just about
Reply 16
Original post by kk15405
what did you write for definition of social change and for the 12 marker on multi store model?

I wrote about the three different stores (coding, capacity and duration of each) and the different stores within the sensory register. Also between each explanation I explained the processes that allow the information to pass through to the next store. My A03 points were Murdock's serial position effect, Patient HM and KF.

Definition of social change is the gradual process of minority influence changing the viewpoint of the majority of society and I also mentioned the snowball effect and socio-crypto amnesia just to be on the safe side.
Reply 17
How did everyone find paper 2?
Original post by Ar244
How did everyone find paper 2?

it was alright could have written more for the 12 marker but its calm
Reply 19
How did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest