The Student Room Group

y13 exam revision

where are you guys on your revision plan? are you still going through each topic questions or doing whole exam papers?
I would love to say I'm at the point where I can practise whole papers, but honestly I'm still revising topic by topic.
What subjects are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
I would love to say I'm at the point where I can practise whole papers, but honestly I'm still revising topic by topic.
What subjects are you taking?

im doing maths, biology and chemistry. atm i am also doing topic by topic and should hopefully start doing just papers 2 weeks before my first exam but that is if i dont fall behind in my timetable!
That's why I find timetables too tricky, because I always end up falling behind! I'm sure you'll have time to squeeze in a couple of practice papers before the real thing
is everyone only focusing revision on the upcoming exam?
Reply 5
Original post by pbnj
where are you guys on your revision plan? are you still going through each topic questions or doing whole exam papers?

Exam Paper Practices.
1st Time - Open Book + Unlimited Time
2nd Time - Open Book + Fixed Time
3rd Time - Closed Book + Fixed Time

Going over weaknesses
Doing questions on those weaknesses or go over the content again and pick up the weakness on the way.

All the best !
Original post by KH29
Exam Paper Practices.

Going over weaknesses
Doing questions on those weaknesses or go over the content again and pick up the weakness on the way.

All the best !

won't some questions in the past paper not be useful, since they aren't included in the Advance Information?
Reply 7
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
won't some questions in the past paper not be useful, since they aren't included in the Advance Information?

that is true, but for a subject like economics , few things that don't appear in Paper 1 appear in Paper 3, so ideally Past papers are worth it. not all subjects removed a big chunk from the spec.
Original post by KH29
Exam Paper Practices.

Going over weaknesses

All the best !

another question

when you say "1st time, 2nd time" do you mean that you practice on the same exam paper over and over again - trying to perfect it
OR
you practice with different versions of the same exam paper e.g. 1st time on Paper 1 2017, 2nd time on Paper 1 2018, 3rd time on Paper 1 2019....
Reply 9
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
another question

when you say "1st time, 2nd time" do you mean that you practice on the same exam paper over and over again - trying to perfect it
OR
you practice with different versions of the same exam paper e.g. 1st time on Paper 1 2017, 2nd time on Paper 1 2018, 3rd time on Paper 1 2019....

mix of both.

but when did i do the paper the same time, I wouldn't do it straight after the first try. Like I would give myself another 3 days or longer to do the exact paper but under new conditions
I am struggling to complete all the new spec papers the first time. I am not sure how I will find the time to do them more than once though. :frown: any suggestions there?
Original post by uniaspirant
I am struggling to complete all the new spec papers the first time. I am not sure how I will find the time to do them more than once though. :frown: any suggestions there?

Maybe just write out new answers for the questions where you missed marks instead of redoing the entire paper.
Original post by penguingirl18
Maybe just write out new answers for the questions where you missed marks instead of redoing the entire paper.

Hey thanks. That is a good idea. I will first try and finish the past papers once and then see how much time I have.
It takes time to mark, and review the topics after finishing the papers. So, it is not just the 2hrs that are allocated for the papers, but the additional review and revise time too!

We will get there, all of us, together. Fingers crossed....

Quick Reply

Latest