The Student Room Group

Real ‘Fake ID’, worth it?

Hi,
So basically the DVLA misprinted my provisional license DOB at 2 years older than I am- making me 19 instead of 17. I’ll mainly use it just to book hotels (trip with gf over summer, wireless festival) and the occasional drink obviously but the problem is it’s got my real name, address, ect and I’m worried I could get in trouble if the DVLA pick up on the issue somehow that I’d be screwed. Is it worth the risk or should I just send it back, get a new one and lose the opportunity?
Thanks
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
So basically the DVLA misprinted my provisional license DOB at 2 years older than I am- making me 19 instead of 17. I’ll mainly use it just to book hotels (trip with gf over summer, wireless festival) and the occasional drink obviously but the problem is it’s got my real name, address, ect and I’m worried I could get in trouble if the DVLA pick up on the issue somehow that I’d be screwed. Is it worth the risk or should I just send it back, get a new one and lose the opportunity?
Thanks

Hi there.

It'd be sensible to send it back as it could be suspicious when you get your actual driving license which may or may not align with the age on your other ID documents.

You only have less than a year to go before you're an adult so it's not really worth running the risk.
Hope this makes sense :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Well it's cool for the next few months, but when you need to actually use your ID when you're 18+ it'll be useless so.. I'd get a new one
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Thanks

You're obligated to have it corrected.
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

It'd be sensible to send it back as it could be suspicious when you get your actual driving license which may or may not align with the age on your other ID documents.

You only have less than a year to go before you're an adult so it's not really worth running the risk.
Hope this makes sense :smile:

Could I just report it as lost and get a new one with a (hopefully) correct DOB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending