The Student Room Group

Could this go somewhere?

I told a cute girl that I liked her today. She seemed surprised but then wrote down her number and said we could talk more if I wanted. I’ve since texted her, and she said she was surprised but didn’t mind me liking her. We chatted for a while, until she had to go revise.

I guess I could just ask her but I’m too nervous. I’ve never really spoken to her before today. How do I know if she’s interested or just looking for a friendship? I’d love to be friends with her but I don’t want to waste my time wondering if it could go further; I’d rather know for sure. Of course, between not really knowing her and being a little nervous, asking her what’s happening probably wouldn’t be the best move for me.

But the fact that she gave me her number is good, right? I don’t know what I’m supposed to do now… I wanna flirt but I feel like she just wants to be friends. We’re both girls, I don’t even know if she’s straight or not.
Aah… :s-smilie:
Slow down. You only got her number today so she's not going to know yet if she likes you or not. Asking too soon will rush her into trying to decide her feelings now - which is unlikely to work in your favour because she doesn't know you yet. Just take a little time to get to know each other first.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'd say take it slow. I know you've probably liked her for a while but you need to remember this is all brand new from her perspective. You'll slowly get to know each other and overtime it will become much clearer for the both of you. Hope things turn out well!!
Original post by 1582
Slow down. You only got her number today so she's not going to know yet if she likes you or not. Asking too soon will rush her into trying to decide her feelings now - which is unlikely to work in your favour because she doesn't know you yet. Just take a little time to get to know each other first.

Good point, thank you :smile:
Original post by audreyb123
I'd say take it slow. I know you've probably liked her for a while but you need to remember this is all brand new from her perspective. You'll slowly get to know each other and overtime it will become much clearer for the both of you. Hope things turn out well!!

That’s true, I’ll just keep talking to her for now, thank you :smile:
Take some time to get to know her.
So that you can find out whether there is any mutual attraction and if she is compatible with your ambitions & dealbreakers.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
Take some time to get to know her.
So that you can find out whether there is any mutual attraction and if she is compatible with your ambitions & dealbreakers.
Good luck!

Thank you! :biggrin:
You are friendzoned.
Original post by Anonymous
You are friendzoned.

Quite possibly, I don’t mind that though so we’ll see :smile:

Quick Reply