The Student Room Group

What happens if you fail paper 1 bio but get A* in paper bio 2022 gcse?

So say you've failed paper 1 bio gcse but do really well on paper 2 (like get an A) what overall grade eould they give you? as its split 50/50 on seperate science?

Or you forget to write your candidate number and name? would they give you a u?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

well it depends on exactly how many marks you get for each paper and what they accumulate to

based on november 2020 grade boundaries, you would need 45 marks overall to pass (4)
Reply 2
Original post by TazmeenX
well it depends on exactly how many marks you get for each paper and what they accumulate to

based on november 2020 grade boundaries, you would need 45 marks overall to pass (4)

whats the overall grade for a 7?
(im kinda hoping to wing bio 1 but revise for bio paper 2)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lazyholic
whats the overall grade for a 7?
(im kinda hoping to wing bio 1 but revise for bio paper 2)

please don't do that, trust me, you won't be able to get a 7 if u smash one of the papers, and flop the other, unless u just simply going for a pass, but at least try to aim to get 50% in one, and do even better in the other one to get a let's say above a 4 at the very least. You can do it, just watch freesciencelesson on repeat till it's time to go!! GL
Reply 4
Original post by Xiao's tofu
please don't do that, trust me, you won't be able to get a 7 if u smash one of the papers, and flop the other, unless u just simply going for a pass, but at least try to aim to get 50% in one, and do even better in the other one to get a let's say above a 4 at the very least. You can do it, just watch freesciencelesson on repeat till it's time to go!! GL

what happens if Im marked absent during paper 1?
(edited 1 year ago)
papers aren't grades individually the marks are added up, if you only got marks for paper 2 you would have needed around 94 marks for a 7 (based on the grade boundaries for Edexcel Jan 2022 , but they will probably change) - this is if you get 0 on paper 1, I'm not sure if you're absent how it works sorry
(edited 1 year ago)
what happens if Im marked absent during paper 1?

We've been taught that you must a valid reason such as a medical reason to have missed an exam, and proof such as a note so they can 'investigate', and as far as they told us, the exam board could base it on the other paper that u take and ur mocks score, but I can't 100% guarantee
are yall ready 😭😭😭
Reply 8
Original post by randompanda_
papers aren't grades individually the marks are added up, if you only got marks for paper 2 you would have needed around 94 marks for a 7 (based on the grade boundaries for Edexcel Jan 2022 , but they will probably change)

oh okay that would make sense
Original post by jnkscypher
are yall ready 😭😭😭

Just scared on what may come up so binge watching my dude Shaun (freesciencelesson dude) :s-smilie:hbu ?
oh okay that would make sense

Just remember, don't stress yourself too much, just try and answer as many questions as possible, and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve a seven/above. You can do it!!
Reply 11
Just remember, don't stress yourself too much, just try and answer as many questions as possible, and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve a seven/above. You can do it!!

thanks, hoping you also get the grades that you want!
Just scared on what may come up so binge watching my dude Shaun (freesciencelesson dude) :s-smilie:hbu ?

I need to do that 😭 alr we can watch him at the same time then, I need to go over the blood and that whole topic
Reply 13
I THOUGHT BLOOD WONT COME UP? (sorry for caps)

hold up isnt the exam like at 9:00?
(edited 1 year ago)
thanks, hoping you also get the grades that you want!

Ty!
Original post by lazyholic
i thought blood wont come up? (sorry for caps)

hold up isnt the exam like at 9:00?

huh what
huh what

oh no....
Reply 17
huh what

I thought the topic of blood wont appear in paper 1 bio?
Original post by lazyholic
i thought the topic of blood wont appear in paper 1 bio?

yh ik im panicking now cos i spent my whole 30 mins going over it 😫
yh ik im panicking now cos i spent my whole 30 mins going over it 😫

wait the caps arent showing up so it looks weird 💀

Quick Reply

Latest