The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Failing Exams

I feel like I might fail my first year at Imperial.
The exams have been very disastrous and I feel like I might actually fail one of my modules close to the passing grade.
What should I do? I feel like an absolute useless piece of dirt.

Has anyone been in my shoes?
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like I might fail my first year at Imperial.
The exams have been very disastrous and I feel like I might actually fail one of my modules close to the passing grade.
What should I do? I feel like an absolute useless piece of dirt.

Has anyone been in my shoes?

First thing, don’t panic, what’s done is done, concentrate on any remaining exams for the moment. The go talk to your personal tutor, they will tell you what your options would be if you fail something, most likely a capped September resit if this is the 1st time you have taken these exams and there are no mitigating circumstances.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Mr Wednesday
First thing, don’t panic, what’s done is done, concentrate on any remaining exams for the moment. The go talk to your personal tutor, they will tell you what your options would be if you fail something, most likely a capped September resit if this is the 1st time you have taken these exams and there are no mitigating circumstances.

Unfortunately, as long as I know, my department in specific do not offer resits. I am praying that they will give partial marks to the questions etc. My exams are almost over and the rest are the ones I'm comfortable with, so I'm not very worried about them. Thank you for your reply, I've arranged a meeting with my personal tutor next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending