The Student Room Group

Progression to year 2

Hi I have failed 1 module after the resit however have passed my other 5 modules at Leeds Beckett and was just wondering if I will be able to progress into 2nd year (I got 1% on the module but in other modules getting 50/60%)
Had you been even close to passing they may have 'compensated' your failure but with a 1% mark, it looks like either you did not make an effort or do not understand the topic at all. If you have failed the resit then you may be kicked off the course. You cannot proceed to the 2nd year without 120 credits and you are sitting on 110. Leeds-Beckett Uni may allow you to resit the resit but it's up to them. What the exam board will be discussing is that given your low score on the resit, how likely is it that you will pass on the 3rd attempt? You really should have sought help before taking the resit or made more of an effort to study for the resit exam.
Original post by mike23mike
Had you been even close to passing they may have 'compensated' your failure but with a 1% mark, it looks like either you did not make an effort or do not understand the topic at all. If you have failed the resit then you may be kicked off the course. You cannot proceed to the 2nd year without 120 credits and you are sitting on 110. Leeds-Beckett Uni may allow you to resit the resit but it's up to them. What the exam board will be discussing is that given your low score on the resit, how likely is it that you will pass on the 3rd attempt? You really should have sought help before taking the resit or made more of an effort to study for the resit exam.

I’ve been told that they may compensate the 1% if I’m lucky as 64% of people failed the exam as they made it too hard or I may have to resist that 1 module next year on its own where if that’s the case I plan on just switching courses
Original post by Didntasklol
Hi I have failed 1 module after the resit however have passed my other 5 modules at Leeds Beckett and was just wondering if I will be able to progress into 2nd year (I got 1% on the module but in other modules getting 50/60%)

You may get the credit compensated at the discretion of the exam board, or you may have to resit a third time or you may fail to progress...

1% is really very low even if it was a "hard paper" as ultimately that is really a candidate who has struggled to engage with any content on the paper, even if its hard you should still be able to dig your teeth in and make an attempt at the questions. I would be surprised if they compensated it, but never say never. I would discuss this with your tutor or course director
Original post by mnot
You may get the credit compensated at the discretion of the exam board, or you may have to resit a third time or you may fail to progress...

1% is really very low even if it was a "hard paper" as ultimately that is really a candidate who has struggled to engage with any content on the paper, even if its hard you should still be able to dig your teeth in and make an attempt at the questions. I would be surprised if they compensated it, but never say never. I would discuss this with your tutor or course director

My academic advisor thinks I will get it compensated as quite a few also failed and my other marks are fairly high for example 82% on a module and around 60 on my others
Original post by Didntasklol
My academic advisor thinks I will get it compensated as quite a few also failed and my other marks are fairly high for example 82% on a module and around 60 on my others

Well not a lot more can be said then, other then to see the decision of the exam board.

If i was the exam board that mark would be a concern for me if that content from that module is assumed knowledge for second year modules... but the faculty will be in a better position to judge then me who has really very little perspective of the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending