The Student Room Group

OCR AS Level Computer Science May 17th 2022 exams

who else is sitting the AS exam for CS tommorow?

Scroll to see replies

Me, just hoping the advance information saves my arse
Reply 2
How did u guys find it ? I didn’t like the question on facial recognition
how did u guys find it, did everything on the adanc einfo come up and did any not on it come up?
Original post by jimmelton
Me, just hoping the advance information saves my arse

all of the topics came up plus ther were extra ones like computer legislation
Original post by fhs11707
how did u guys find it, did everything on the adanc einfo come up and did any not on it come up?

they all came up plus extra topics like legislation. What did you get for the simplified expression? i got A OR ( C AND D) or something along those lines
i didnt do it im gonna do the a level one next month i just watnee dto know if everything from the adance info came and if extras came too
Original post by lol764

it was a good paper. The facial recognition one you had to speak about data protection act
thankss how did u find it
r

thankss how did u find it

are you year 13? yeah everything in advanced info came up but there were extra topics aswell
Original post by lol764

did you do the last question pseudocode?
Original post by TrenchKidd
r

are you year 13? yeah everything in advanced info came up but there were extra topics aswell

yhh was the extra topic only legal stuff or were there any more
yhh was the extra topic only legal stuff or were there any more

Yh it was just that for the AS paper. Do you guys have the same advanced info as AS?
similar like they cut of so much like legal stuff isnt on it and boolean algbrea isnt on it and so much from networking is cut off like its crazy i just hope they dont add extra topics thats not on it like big topics
did you do the last question pseudocode?

I did it in python, but ended up forgetting which function to use after using the "with... open..." function to iterate and read through a file lmao. I still reckon i'll pick up a few marks for defining the function, declaring variables and printing results
they all came up plus extra topics like legislation. What did you get for the simplified expression? i got A OR ( C AND D) or something along those lines

I got A OR (C AND D) too
Did anyone else get an overflow for the binary addition question? I reattempted it about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being an idiot lmao
Reply 17
Original post by jimmelton
Did anyone else get an overflow for the binary addition question? I reattempted it about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being an idiot lmao

Yh I did too, did it like three times as well ! I just put the extra 1 in front but I think I should have circled/label it to let them know it’s a carry
how much marks would you say was outside of the advance information.
all of the topics came up plus ther were extra ones like computer legislation

how much marks would you say was from topics outside of the advance information?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending