The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English language A

Predictions for tomorrow’s text? ☹️

Scroll to see replies

passage to africa /chinese cinderella/ game of polo
Reply 2
Original post by vanshika.p
passage to africa /chinese cinderella/ game of polo

I’m sorry if this comes off as rude but on what basis did you make this prediction on?
Original post by iwontgeta9
I’m sorry if this comes off as rude but on what basis did you make this prediction on?

They’re the ones that have not come up yet since the start of the new anthologies. However I recommend you revise ones from 2018/2019 but the most recent text that came up was young and dyslexic
Reply 4
what about H is for hawk ?
Original post by SHADHEE

I think h is for hawk came up in the 2019 one however the chance of doing an extract that they’ve never done is bigger than redoing an extract from 3 years ago
Reply 6
Original post by Sukn
They’re the ones that have not come up yet since the start of the new anthologies. However I recommend you revise ones from 2018/2019 but the most recent text that came up was young and dyslexic

Is there ANY chance they could repeat young and dyslexic for tomorrow’s paper as well??
Reply 7
I am praying it is not game of polo
Reply 8
Is there ANY chance they could repeat young and dyslexic for tomorrow’s paper as well??

About 10% since it was the paper the January people sat. However my teacher said if they’ve printed a lot of copies of it they might make the next exam the same extract but I highly doubt it would be y&d
Original post by Sukn
About 10% since it was the paper the January people sat. However my teacher said if they’ve printed a lot of copies of it they might make the next exam the same extract but I highly doubt it would be y&d

Oh god I hope young and dyslexic doesn’t come up
Oh god I hope young and dyslexic doesn’t come up

Honesty you’re be fine, mainly focus on Chinese Cinderella, passage to Africa and polo since there’s a higher chance one of them will show up but don’t worry about it you’ll do fine.
Original post by Sukn
Honesty you’re be fine, mainly focus on Chinese Cinderella, passage to Africa and polo since there’s a higher chance one of them will show up but don’t worry about it you’ll do fine.

Thank you so much, I needed that. I hope you do well on the exam too!! <3
Thank you so much, I needed that. I hope you do well on the exam too!! <3

Thank you, I wish you the best of luck!!!
Reply 14
2018 June - H is for Hawk
2018 June - Beyond the Sky
2019 Jan - Explorer's daughter
2019 Jan - Passage to Africa
2019 June - Explorers or Boys
2019 June - Chinese Cinderella
Specimen - Between a rock and a hard place
2018 - H for Hawk
2019 - Explorer’s Daughter
2019 - Explorers or Boys Messing About
2020 - 127 Hours
2020 - TDOASS
2021 - Bhutan
2021 - Explorers or Boys Messing About
Reply 16
Well, how did it go for you guys? Chinese Cinderella was one of my predictions so yay!! The transactional was literally just the story of our lives atm.
Original post by PrishaJ
Well, how did it go for you guys? Chinese Cinderella was one of my predictions so yay!! The transactional was literally just the story of our lives atm.

It was good but I’m scared for the grade boundaries. I hope they’re not harsh this year
Original post by PrishaJ

I got between a rock and a hard place tho…
Original post by PrishaJ

For me it went not so great honestly, I think I performed better in my mocks

Quick Reply

Latest