The Student Room Group

How long did it take you to get your first job?

title
good luck
any job: 18
job related to my career: not yet
Original post by Anon346775
title

8 months after graduating from university.
First proper job at 18.
Spent a good few months applying before I got it.
26 for me
can you tell me the name of the agency?
Original post by Anon346775
title

Got my first job at 14:tongue:

Not saying that’s a good idea tho:lol:
Grad job took me a year after graduating
Six to nine months due to the lockdown. I searched online and asked around at first last year about using a local recruitment agency. Eventually I found something. I now work one day a week at a nice church doing things.
Original post by tinyperson
Six to nine months due to the lockdown. I searched online and asked around at first last year about using a local recruitment agency. Eventually I found something. I now work one day a week at a nice church doing things.

would you be interested in doing things with me in this nice church?
19, due to my autism. I’ve never been unemployed since though
Reply 12
With hindsight do you think you settled too soon?
Original post by tinyperson

can I have the name of the recruitment agency?
If we're talking first ever job, 3 months maybe? I applied to loads of part time jobs when I was 16, never got any response. I was lucky that there was a small business in my town that was rather old fashioned and was hiring weekend staff and it was known for hiring local 16-18 year olds.
Can't speak for a career job, however a relative graduated 2 years ago and has only just got his first ever job, but even that is part time and minimum wage.
My first ever job ,I think it was within a few days after applying for it i was offered the job. I was 15 & a bit at the time.

My current job was nearly 4 month's due to having to wait until I sat my final exams for my degree ( although I was offered it about 6 weeks before I qualified as couldn't start until I was given my pin).
Got my first job when i was 16 (nearly 17). It took me a good few months to find one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending