The Student Room Group

This girl is driving me crazy.

She has a crush on me, nothing wrong with her in looks. She acts different around me and kept going crazier and crazier.. As in she lost her mind on how to get my attention. She forgot one thing though, TALKING TO ME! She's my supervisor which makes it hard to avoid her.

I fist bumped her and called her bro. She broke down through her tone so I believed that was it. I wanted to clear the air with her, explain why since she is a good girl and I have nothing against but she deserves to know. I went up to her the following two days since those are my days off working in a warhouse. I approached her (like a person should) and said if we could talk in private. She says "what for" I tell her "you know the last week incident" so she said what? I told her to just come and talk to me and she did. I started talking and said I fist bumped you and called you bro. She just laughed with her mouth closed and said so.

Here's the thing, on Monday she never works there but she was there wearing a hat and her hair was messy. I was located in the east side which is very far to get to. Yet she made it known but traveling all that way to give me those eyes of "you hurt me how could" mixed with anger of revenge.

So after that I honestly said **** this this girl is going to try to grt me fired or keep doing stalking me.

I asked to switch floors and even then the other supervisor said your floor is down. I told yeah but I work better here with less distractions.

Remember her floor is 2nd she never leaves that's her floor. I get to my station to work on the 3rd floor everything is great. Until I see her walk by me. Dammit I say.. Then as I'm about to leave I get a message on congrats for a hard work and I did good to see the front desk. That's where all the managers on the 3rd floor chill. I was going there and there she was laughing with the rest of the supervisors. I also noticed as I was walking I heard giggles and laugher. They can see me walking through the cameras. Their laptops can see everything besides the restrooms of course.

So I need your help what can I do? She won't leave me alone and she has gotten more crazy. Everytime I look into her eyes they get more and more dark as if I ain't going anywhere and I will be hers eventuality.

Won't lie I'm freaked out and need some help here. Yes I'm her crush and I'm worried this obsession is getting worse and worse...
Reply 1
Make a complaint further up the management chain. Do it in writing, with dates, what happened, any witnesses.
^. I would also consider leaving.
I don't understand. You talk about your supervisor going crazier and crazier and yet, from what you've told us, the only person acting in an unusual way is you.

You seem to be determined to interprete every facial expression of hers in some way. As if all her expressions have some meaning.

It's you that fist bumped her, and seem to making this 2 second action into a big deal in your life.

It's you that has been thinking about someone else's work pattern. Who cares if she normally works Monday or not?

You have been focusing on details of her looks, the hat and the messy hair. Again, so what if she has a hat on or messy hair?

It's you that requested to be moved to a different floor. It's you that has been affected by her presence to the point where you feel that it's a significant distraction to your work.

It's understandable that people at work are making jokes are your expense. Especially with it being a warehouse. They are tedious places to work where any comic relief is welcomed.

From what you've told us, your supervisor has not sexually harassed you at all. She has remained reasonably professional. The laughing about you is a bit unprofessional, but it's within the bounds of acceptability.

2 big things strike me.

1 Don't you have some love interest that you are pursuing outside the warehouse? Someone, or multiple people from your non-work social circle?
If not, look into fixing that.

2 What are you doing on a minimum wage job in some warehouse? It's a trap. If you're at a life stage where mimimum wage is all you can get, at least make it somewhere where you are learning transferable skills. EG direct sales, some customer facing role.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I don't understand. You talk about your supervisor going crazier and crazier and yet, from what you've told us, the only person acting in an unusual way is you.

You seem to be determined to interprete every facial expression of hers in some way. As if all her expressions have some meaning.

It's you that fist bumped her, and seem to making this 2 second action into a big deal in your life.

It's you that has been thinking about someone else's work pattern. Who cares if she normally works Monday or not?

You have been focusing on details of her looks, the hat and the messy hair. Again, so what if she has a hat on or messy hair?

It's you that requested to be moved to a different floor. It's you that has been affected by her presence to the point where you feel that it's a significant distraction to your work.

It's understandable that people at work are making jokes are your expense. Especially with it being a warehouse. They are tedious places to work where any comic relief is welcomed.

From what you've told us, your supervisor has not sexually harassed you at all. She has remained reasonably professional. The laughing about you is a bit unprofessional, but it's within the bounds of acceptability.

2 big things strike me.

1 Don't you have some love interest that you are pursuing outside the warehouse? Someone, or multiple people from your non-work social circle?
If not, look into fixing that.

2 What are you doing on a minimum wage job in some warehouse? It's a trap. If you're at a life stage where mimimum wage is all you can get, at least make it somewhere where you are learning transferable skills. EG direct sales, some customer facing role.

Alright so I'll explain why I'm working there. Just to help the family out with our small business. A friend of mine works there and told me starting pay is $18 and that doesn't include holiday pay where the amount is doubled.

Next I actually have my 4year B.A. in business I was currently working on becoming a manager there because let's be real with warhouses are a circus period.

Now to the girl, she is still stalking me. A LOT. I gave her the message her tone got all sobby. If you want to call me weak or pathetic for still caring about her. Then you are the one that is pathetic. Imagine your sister or cousin in this situation, would you care? What has she done bad to me? Nothing. She deserves closure which is to my next point. I tried to talk to her but she pretended everything is fine and when I called her out she laughed and said so.

So I choose to switch floors. Since I know she is hiding, so this will give her space to forget about the situation. She didn't, she followed me up there. She just stalks stares at me which cold end eyes. It's difficult Idk what to do. I hope you now understand.
No last part, if she just wants to see me only and that gets her going. God Bless her hope the best for her. But if she has thoughts of craving my name and her name in a tree from her feelings towards me.. There's so much before this goes south. I'm telling you now, you would 100% be creeped out as well you have my word.
Reply 6
Nothing you've stated makes her look crazy to me. You seem to be over analyzing things.
Original post by xox416
Nothing you've stated makes her look crazy to me. You seem to be over analyzing things.

Really now? Not even when she is pretended everything is fine? That's alright with me.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Really now? Not even when she is pretended everything is fine? That's alright with me.

Glad that’s settled then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending