The Student Room Group

Reapplying to the same University

Hi,
I applied and got an offer of admission from the University I wanted. However, I realized that I am not yet well prepared and wanted to gain some experience (because I am switching between fields). I have a job offer in hand and wanted to defer my admission. I contacted the university (timely) requesting a deferral. They reviewed my email and after a week I received this response:
"

Your email was reviewed and unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request to defer your admission for the Master of Finance program to September 2023. You are encouraged to reapply for September 2023 and we can waived the application fee for you for that application cycle.

We are currently in the process of setting up our systems for the Fall 2022 incoming students. Please confirm what your final decision is for this upcoming term so we can take it into consideration.

"

If I choose to gain some experience for one year and reapply to the university in the very first deadline, will I get rejected because I declined the offer? I just don't want anything to go against me because I informed the university timely within the 2 week deadline I had to accept the offer. I didn't unnecessarily delay anything but still I am a little concerned.
Which country is this Uni in?
Original post by McGinger
Which country is this Uni in?

Hi, It's in Canada
Original post by Anonymous591
Hi,
I applied and got an offer of admission from the University I wanted. However, I realized that I am not yet well prepared and wanted to gain some experience (because I am switching between fields). I have a job offer in hand and wanted to defer my admission. I contacted the university (timely) requesting a deferral. They reviewed my email and after a week I received this response:
"

Your email was reviewed and unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request to defer your admission for the Master of Finance program to September 2023. You are encouraged to reapply for September 2023 and we can waived the application fee for you for that application cycle.

We are currently in the process of setting up our systems for the Fall 2022 incoming students. Please confirm what your final decision is for this upcoming term so we can take it into consideration.

"

If I choose to gain some experience for one year and reapply to the university in the very first deadline, will I get rejected because I declined the offer? I just don't want anything to go against me because I informed the university timely within the 2 week deadline I had to accept the offer. I didn't unnecessarily delay anything but still I am a little concerned.

Why would they say "you are encouraged to reapply for September 2023" - for free - if what they actually meant was "we do not consider reapplicants"? What's in it for them?
Original post by skylark2
Why would they say "you are encouraged to reapply for September 2023" - for free - if what they actually meant was "we do not consider reapplicants"? What's in it for them?

I agree. There email seems very encouraging. I am just concerned and wanted to get a second opinion here.
That's about the most encouraging message that you're likely to get about reapplying. Take your gap year.
Original post by Admit-One
That's about the most encouraging message that you're likely to get about reapplying. Take your gap year.

You're right. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending