The Student Room Group

Resits

I am in year 12 and know I will not get the as grades I need to carry on with a2 if I resit my as subjects will I need to put these on to my ucas ?
Original post by SecretSanta3504
I am in year 12 and know I will not get the as grades I need to carry on with a2 if I resit my as subjects will I need to put these on to my ucas ?

If you are being awarded them as actual AS Levels, yes. If you are retaking the first year of AL’s with no qualification awarded, then no.
what do you mean as actual AS levels?
Original post by Admit-One
If you are being awarded them as actual AS Levels, yes. If you are retaking the first year of AL’s with no qualification awarded, then no.
Original post by SecretSanta3504
what do you mean as actual AS levels?

Awarded as a qualification.

Students in England don't receive AS Levels any more, the credits just go towards an A-Level qualification. If that is the case, you don't need to declare your original grade as it was effectively an internal exam only, not a qualification.

If you are outside of England, then you may be awarded an AS Level. Check with your teachers if you are unsure.
Awarded as a qualification.

Students in England don't receive AS Levels any more, the credits just go towards an A-Level qualification. If that is the case, you don't need to declare your original grade as it was effectively an internal exam only, not a qualification.

If you are outside of England, then you may be awarded an AS Level. Check with your teachers if you are unsure.

AS exams used to be part of A levels in England and elsewhere and the marks counted towards your A level grade. However the government moved about 5 years to remove modular exams in England and year 12s generally no longer sit them there because it costs the schools money. The system is different in Wales and I believe Northern Ireland. Year 12s in those countries still continue to sit formal A levels and the results in those exams carry forward to A2 in year 12 and are part of the overall A level marks. Most English students set internal exams in year 12 which are set and marked by the school and those exams dont count towards A levels. Your teacher will be able to tell you which you have taken.
Original post by swanseajack1
AS exams used to be part of A levels in England and elsewhere and the marks counted towards your A level grade. However the government moved about 5 years to remove modular exams in England and year 12s generally no longer sit them there because it costs the schools money. The system is different in Wales and I believe Northern Ireland. Year 12s in those countries still continue to sit formal A levels and the results in those exams carry forward to A2 in year 12 and are part of the overall A level marks. Most English students set internal exams in year 12 which are set and marked by the school and those exams dont count towards A levels. Your teacher will be able to tell you which you have taken.

I think you've quoted me in place of the OP :smile:
I think you've quoted me in place of the OP :smile:

sorry
Original post by swanseajack1
sorry

It's no worry, I just assumed I'd gotten something wrong :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending