The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Duration of course is not mentioned in offer letter

Hi, I got an offer letter for MSc in Advanced Mechanical engineering, but the course duration was not mentioned. Because of it I cant approach any banks for loans as they are all rejecting it. I emailed to the uni various times for the past 2 months and even did mention this in the live chat many times, but I am still not getting any help and not even any responses. I am not asking for any changes but just to fix that typo in the offer letter given. Really frustrated as time is running out for me (sept intake).
I'd phone the admissions department, don't rely on email.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
i did call them up many times, but i was always put on hold for more than 10 mins and since its a international call it is getting charged a lot for every min
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I got an offer letter for MSc in Advanced Mechanical engineering, but the course duration was not mentioned. Because of it I cant approach any banks for loans as they are all rejecting it. I emailed to the uni various times for the past 2 months and even did mention this in the live chat many times, but I am still not getting any help and not even any responses. I am not asking for any changes but just to fix that typo in the offer letter given. Really frustrated as time is running out for me (sept intake).

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear there is missing information on your offer letter.

Calling is costly and it can be hard to get anywhere.

Unfortunately, email is likely to generate a long waiting time before you get a reply. After speaking to recruitment, it's advised to use Livechat on the Coventry University website as this is the most accessible way to contact the university to speak to recruitment. Although you're unlikely to get an immediate reply, the university is aware of your email and will respond to you when they're able to. Therefore, I suggest messaging and simply stating your name, student ID, course and query. It's worth asking if you're able to enquire about starting your course online if there is a delay in your application. That way you are able to commence your studies while waiting for CAS without missing too much.

However, please bear in mind that recruitment is experiencing a high volume of calls and messages daily and it's unrealistic to expect an immediate or quick response the same day. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear there is missing information on your offer letter.

Calling is costly and it can be hard to get anywhere.

Unfortunately, email is likely to generate a long waiting time before you get a reply. After speaking to recruitment, it's advised to use Livechat on the Coventry University website as this is the most accessible way to contact the university to speak to recruitment. Although you're unlikely to get an immediate reply, the university is aware of your email and will respond to you when they're able to. Therefore, I suggest messaging and simply stating your name, student ID, course and query. It's worth asking if you're able to enquire about starting your course online if there is a delay in your application. That way you are able to commence your studies while waiting for CAS without missing too much.

However, please bear in mind that recruitment is experiencing a high volume of calls and messages daily and it's unrealistic to expect an immediate or quick response the same day. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Yes, i used the live chat multiple times and every time they say one day later or a week later and this has been going for a 2 whole months. Its really frustrating and at this point I dont know what to believe.
Yes, i used the live chat multiple times and every time they say one day later or a week later and this has been going for a 2 whole months. Its really frustrating and at this point I dont know what to believe.

Update. Finally after a long time the correction has been made.
Update. Finally after a long time the correction has been made.

That's amazing news! Thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for waiting as well as you did.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending