The Student Room Group

I can never stop worrying

I am always worried about the school suddenly reneging on hall contract & causing me to go homeless, worried about the school finding excuses to get me expelled from my PGR program, never stopped worrying, never stopped doing repetitive behaviour to try to calm myself down, which can never...I am in constant fear...It is very painful
Hi there,

I'm not very familiar with your situation; however, I would suggest you try some relaxation techniques to calm yourself down. An example of such a technique is mindfulness, and there are a lot of free guided mindfulness meditation sessions that can be accessed via YouTube.

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo Georgiev
Student Ambassador
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,

I'm not very familiar with your situation; however, I would suggest you try some relaxation techniques to calm yourself down. An example of such a technique is mindfulness, and there are a lot of free guided mindfulness meditation sessions that can be accessed via YouTube.

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo Georgiev
Student Ambassador

It is terrifying
Original post by Anonymous
It is terrifying

I'm sorry to hear :frown:

The extent of your worry sounds concerning. Are you able to take care of yourself regarding your mental health? It may be best to speak to your university counsellor through the health and wellbeing department. It may help you to voice your thoughts and feelings to someone as a way to release the stress and anxiety you feel about all of this.
Echoing Ivalyo's response, self-management techniques are wonderful in helping you better manage how to deal with your worry. If you're used to worrying it can take some time to adjust and ease how you feel but it's not impossible for you to manage. Speaking out to a counsellor along with mindfulness practice will help to remain in the present moment and lift some of the heavy burden you feel from your thoughts. It might have writing down your list of worries or journaling them to help you process your thoughts. This way, you can write, read and reflect and try to get another perspective on how you're managing the situation.

I hope this helps :smile:

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Original post by Anonymous
I am always worried about the school suddenly reneging on hall contract & causing me to go homeless, worried about the school finding excuses to get me expelled from my PGR program, never stopped worrying, never stopped doing repetitive behaviour to try to calm myself down, which can never...I am in constant fear...It is very painful

Hi, hope you are doing well? Try to make sports especially yoga, read books, write your thoughts and your feelings, hold a small ball in your hand and press it to help relieve your stress. Also you can go to a Psychotherapist or social counselor , they can definitely help you to know what and where the problem is and how to solve, that makes you feel better and less stressed
Original post by Jessica Mn
Hi, hope you are doing well? Try to make sports especially yoga, read books, write your thoughts and your feelings, hold a small ball in your hand and press it to help relieve your stress. Also you can go to a Psychotherapist or social counselor , they can definitely help you to know what and where the problem is and how to solve, that makes you feel better and less stressed

I like your suggestion. I'd see.

Quick Reply

Latest