The Student Room Group

A levels

I’ve been telling my mum how stressed i am about a levels. I am really struggling with revision and my mental health to the point where I can’t get out of bed and I have random breakdowns. I have hinted this to her before and even mentioned that I think I should get some sort of help but I’ve been talking more about it and I think im just annoying her. She shouted at me and told me to stop being so negative around her and that i am too lazy to achieve anything. I know it’s stupid but how she looked at me when she said this made me go upstairs and cry so bad. I am trying really hard to not be a failure and disappointment but I think I have given up now. Anyways this was just a rant as I lost my friend group too at the start of year 13 so I can’t speak to anyone else about this which my mum doesn’t know about, I spend my time at sixth form alone and honestly it’s just a low point in my life right now. Sorry if this was long…
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been telling my mum how stressed i am about a levels. I am really struggling with revision and my mental health to the point where I can’t get out of bed and I have random breakdowns. I have hinted this to her before and even mentioned that I think I should get some sort of help but I’ve been talking more about it and I think im just annoying her. She shouted at me and told me to stop being so negative around her and that i am too lazy to achieve anything. I know it’s stupid but how she looked at me when she said this made me go upstairs and cry so bad. I am trying really hard to not be a failure and disappointment but I think I have given up now. Anyways this was just a rant as I lost my friend group too at the start of year 13 so I can’t speak to anyone else about this which my mum doesn’t know about, I spend my time at sixth form alone and honestly it’s just a low point in my life right now. Sorry if this was long…

What alevels do you study. The best thing you can do right now is to remember that exams only last 4 or so weeks so you have to give it your all. It may feel like utter torture now but imagine how much worse it’ll feel on results day when you look back and regret not giving it your all. I lost my friendship group too (in year 11) so I know what it feels like but you should find comfort in the fact that sixth form is over and you can make plenty of lasting friendships at your chosen university or apprenticeship etc.
What alevels do you study. The best thing you can do right now is to remember that exams only last 4 or so weeks so you have to give it your all. It may feel like utter torture now but imagine how much worse it’ll feel on results day when you look back and regret not giving it your all. I lost my friendship group too (in year 11) so I know what it feels like but you should find comfort in the fact that sixth form is over and you can make plenty of lasting friendships at your chosen university or apprenticeship etc.

Thanks for the reply, I do biology psychology and economics. My grades are not good and I have an exam next Monday and Tuesday so I’ve been revising for those and you are right it is utter torture lol. I just feel like I’ve messed everything up in my life. It would be a miracle if I got into my university but their grade requirements are high and impossible for me. Just praying it all works out in the end I guess…
Thanks for the reply, I do biology psychology and economics. My grades are not good and I have an exam next Monday and Tuesday so I’ve been revising for those and you are right it is utter torture lol. I just feel like I’ve messed everything up in my life. It would be a miracle if I got into my university but their grade requirements are high and impossible for me. Just praying it all works out in the end I guess…

Good luck, I have economics on Monday as well.
youre only upset cause of doing this last minute.

print some past papers and just force yourself to do 2/3 a day. youll feel better when youre focusing on the paper. focus on the topic and when monday arrives just try your best in the exam

it's still possible to scrape some decent grades, try your best
I hope you fail your exams

Wth

Quick Reply

Latest