The Student Room Group

WJEC AS chemistry exam

How did everyone find it? Personally there were some quite easy questions, but others just made me want to cry (that last question on section A confused me so much)
Original post by rycbar.123
How did everyone find it? Personally there were some quite easy questions, but others just made me want to cry (that last question on section A confused me so much)

I thought it was alright actually, after my horrible further maths one yesterday I was expecting it to be impossible. I've accepted that I've got some wrong but I honestly don't care anymore.
What was the last question in section A?, I honestly didn’t even see when they said section A ends here, or section B starts here, so I’m panicking as idk if I’ve finished section A.
Original post by Aspiringdentist6
What was the last question in section A?, I honestly didn’t even see when they said section A ends here, or section B starts here, so I’m panicking as idk if I’ve finished section A.

i think it was give the mass of calcium that has the same number of atoms as there are molecules in …(can’t remember the exact substance)
Original post by EmilyWr1
i think it was give the mass of calcium that has the same number of atoms as there are molecules in …(can’t remember the exact substance)

Oh yeah that one.. thanks, how did you find the exam, any specific questions that you found hard?
Original post by Aspiringdentist6
Oh yeah that one.. thanks, how did you find the exam, any specific questions that you found hard?

i thought they were all pretty ok , question 2 was a little confusing because i’ve just never seen hydrogen bonding explained that way before. feel like i lost out on a lot because of time definitely could have picked up an extra 7-8 marks with another 10 mins , i didn’t even have time to answer the last part of the last question
Reply 6
Original post by EmilyWr1
i thought they were all pretty ok , question 2 was a little confusing because i’ve just never seen hydrogen bonding explained that way before. feel like i lost out on a lot because of time definitely could have picked up an extra 7-8 marks with another 10 mins , i didn’t even have time to answer the last part of the last question

Exactly! It felt like no word would fit in that second gap to make the sentence make sense.
Original post by jwlko
Exactly! It felt like no word would fit in that second gap to make the sentence make sense.

i couple people i know put electronegative but idk if that was right

Quick Reply

Latest