The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 1: Thematic study 1HI0 10-13 - 19 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 1: Thematic study and historic environment 1HI0 10-13 - 19 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 19th May AM
Length: 1h15

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hands up who's doing Medicine then? :rolleyes:

(Crime and Punishment is more interesting :flute: )

This is the thread for discussions on:

10: Crime and punishment in Britain, c1000–present
and Whitechapel, c1870–c1900: crime, policing and the inner city.

11: Medicine in Britain, c1250–present
and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the
trenches.

12: Warfare and British society, c1250–present
and London and the Second World War, 1939–45.

13: Migrants in Britain, c800–present
and Notting Hill, c1948–c1970.

Don't forget to use the history study help forum for help and advice too.

Good luck everyone. :bl
Original post by Sunshinelife
Seriously - no one else concerned about this one? I have been trying to learn content for months.

:console: You can do it :rave:
Which topic are you? Medicine?
Genuinely feel a bit sick about this one
who is ready for medecine tomorrow?

i think i am ready!!
Reply 5
source questions for ww1,god I am going to cry in the exam hall
Original post by thrivingfrog
Genuinely feel a bit sick about this one
If you're doing Medicine through time then being sick would be some very committed revision!
Original post by mysticalstar
who is ready for medecine tomorrow?

i think i am ready!!
YOU GOT THIS :jive:
Original post by pqpqow
source questions for ww1,god I am going to cry in the exam hall
Remember it's up to you what order to do the questions in. What are you worried about most?
Original post by 04MR17
If you're doing Medicine through time then being sick would be some very committed revision!

Unfortunately I'm doing crime and punishment, and I don't really fancy walking 3 steps holding a hot iron
Unfortunately I'm doing crime and punishment, and I don't really fancy walking 3 steps holding a hot iron
That's fine I'll just throw some cabbages at you in the stocks. :tongue:

I taught Edexcel Crime and Punishment last year. My advice is focusing on the types of crimes (crime against people, crime against government etc.) and purposes of punishment (deterrence, retribution etc.) and have in your brain a ready-made example of each one from each of the four periods.

The only other thing that needs to be in the forefront of your mind is the gradual environmental changes over time...

Anglo Saxons - rural villages
Early Moderns - larger towns, more crime opportunities
18th & 19th - booming cities, immense poverty
20th century - rapid tech developments

All the rest is stuff to store on the shelves in the middle of your brain for IF you need it. You may not.
Original post by 04MR17
That's fine I'll just throw some cabbages at you in the stocks. :tongue:

I taught Edexcel Crime and Punishment last year. My advice is focusing on the types of crimes (crime against people, crime against government etc.) and purposes of punishment (deterrence, retribution etc.) and have in your brain a ready-made example of each one from each of the four periods.

The only other thing that needs to be in the forefront of your mind is the gradual environmental changes over time...

Anglo Saxons - rural villages
Early Moderns - larger towns, more crime opportunities
18th & 19th - booming cities, immense poverty
20th century - rapid tech developments

All the rest is stuff to store on the shelves in the middle of your brain for IF you need it. You may not.

I prefer lettuce over cabbage, if I get a choice :smile:

I know the content and stuff but the way questions are worded throws me off, and we've only ever done a full paper once which is slightly terrifying as I have no clue in regards to timings, answer style, nothing :redface:

In class I get consistent 90%+ but, with every exam, I'm just panicking that my mind will go blank and as history is so much content aswell its like I cajt afford to forget it...
I prefer lettuce over cabbage, if I get a choice :smile:

I know the content and stuff but the way questions are worded throws me off, and we've only ever done a full paper once which is slightly terrifying as I have no clue in regards to timings, answer style, nothing :redface:

In class I get consistent 90%+ but, with every exam, I'm just panicking that my mind will go blank and as history is so much content aswell its like I cajt afford to forget it...
What are you doing next year?
heyyyyyy any predictions for the medicine paper?
Reply 14
y’all are lucky, i’m doing migration and i want to cry my eyes out rn :/ it’s so difficult and there’s no resources and i’ve been trying so hard to revise and i know close to nothing so yay!
Original post by 04MR17
What are you doing next year?

Bio, maths and psychology so if I mess up it's not exactly going to limit my future options but my perfectionism yk
Original post by amelia05xo
heyyyyyy any predictions for the medicine paper?

My predictions=
4 MARKER= Any Battle
8 marker and follow up= Evacuation routes
12 marker= Explain the reasons for lack of change on prevention in the reneissance
16 marker= idk and idc, as long as there is an option with industrical, medieval or reniessance im good
Bio, maths and psychology so if I mess up it's not exactly going to limit my future options but my perfectionism yk

Right Froggy, go to bed

In the morning you will wake up to a nice long message from me telling you how wonderful you are.
Original post by 04MR17
Right Froggy, go to bed

In the morning you will wake up to a nice long message from me telling you how wonderful you are.

Honoured
Good luck everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending