The Student Room Group

Private accommodations

Hi, is it a disadvantage booking private accommodations (as they’re bigger than results uni accommodations yet also cheaper) as there is a likelihood that there would be students from other universities that could be your flat mates?
Original post by student17!
Hi, is it a disadvantage booking private accommodations (as they’re bigger than results uni accommodations yet also cheaper) as there is a likelihood that there would be students from other universities that could be your flat mates?

I guess what university are you going to and how many other universities are nearby?
I don't think its a disadvantage knowing others from different universities- just means you will meet more people!
I guess also with private accomodation individuals may not be 1st years and you could have some from older years
I'm surprised that private accomodation is cheaper than the university- I often found uni accomodation to be cheaper
It's really up to you what you want to do
Original post by AzureCeleste
I guess what university are you going to and how many other universities are nearby?
I don't think its a disadvantage knowing others from different universities- just means you will meet more people!
I guess also with private accomodation individuals may not be 1st years and you could have some from older years
I'm surprised that private accomodation is cheaper than the university- I often found uni accomodation to be cheaper
It's really up to you what you want to do

Hey! It’s for university of Liverpool for law and yes strangely private accommodations are far cheaper 😵
Hey! It’s for university of Liverpool for law and yes strangely private accommodations are far cheaper 😵

Damn, I am surprised about that
Don't know much about liverpool, but having a quick google there does appear to be a few universities there
I guess it depends how bothered you would be sharing with individuals who don't go to the same university. I don't think it matters majorly. Maybe look how close the accomodation is to your university campus/area relative to others? May give an indication as to how many would attend your uni vs other ones
Original post by AzureCeleste
Damn, I am surprised about that
Don't know much about liverpool, but having a quick google there does appear to be a few universities there
I guess it depends how bothered you would be sharing with individuals who don't go to the same university. I don't think it matters majorly. Maybe look how close the accomodation is to your university campus/area relative to others? May give an indication as to how many would attend your uni vs other ones

Thank you very much for your help btw! Surprisingly it’s quite close! Like less than 10/5 mins. I didn’t really acknowledge that there would be students from other unis until my brother raised the point as he has different flatmates from different courses (but same uni) but he goes downstairs to do work with his friends who do the same course
Thank you very much for your help btw! Surprisingly it’s quite close! Like less than 10/5 mins. I didn’t really acknowledge that there would be students from other unis until my brother raised the point as he has different flatmates from different courses (but same uni) but he goes downstairs to do work with his friends who do the same course

To be honest its quite good sharing with those who are on different courses- means you are not constantly surrounded by individuals doing the same thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending