The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

kings offers

what is the deadline for kings today to give out offers /rejections?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
what is the deadline for kings today to give out offers /rejections?

Hi there.

could help :smile:

I think I read somewhere that they have till 18:00 to respond otherwise it's automatic rejection :frown:

Hopefully it works out for you though :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

@CoochieMan could help :smile:

I think I read somewhere that they have till 18:00 to respond otherwise it's automatic rejection :frown:

Hopefully it works out for you though :smile:

oh okayyyy
oh okayyy,would it be worth phoning them to ask about the status of the appication?
what is showing on king's apply ,I dont understand
I’ve called and they said that if you don’t hear by 6, it isn’t a automatic rejection
Original post by LucyL5367
I’ve called and they said that if you don’t hear by 6, it isn’t a automatic rejection

it isn't ?
Original post by Anonymous
it isn't ?

no

It will be via UCAS.

However as per CoochieMan's post, it sounds like they may be amending some decisions afterwards.

Not that I'm suggesting that Kings have left things too late of course, ahem.
Original post by Admit-One
It will be via UCAS.

However as per CoochieMan's post, it sounds like they may be amending some decisions afterwards.

anyone heard back todayyyyyyyyyyy?/??????????????
Original post by Admit-One
It will be via UCAS.

so what does that mean exactly? if we’ve been rejected it’s not definite and there might be hope ?
so what does that mean exactly? if we’ve been rejected it’s not definite and there might be hope ?

Unless I am misreading CM's post, yes. ( - did you speak to King's and did they suggest that this might apply to a lot of courses?)

If you get a rejection over the next 48hrs I would call them to confirm whether that is the final decision rather than waiting for them to get in touch though.
Interesting!

That's really a worse case scenario for them, unless they communicate that to remaining applicants today they'll definitely lose some people that might have otherwise accepted.

Also potentially a bit sketchy from a UCAS POV, but we'll leave that for now :smile:

(@PQ - you may find this interesting)
Oh absolutely, it's really bad from an applicant's perspective. Probably left a few people wondering about going there even if they do get an offer.

I'm just saying that this isn't something they would have deliberately done. It'll either be a staffing issue or specific departments have left things too late and not considered how long it's going to take (for probably another team) to process the decisions.
Reply 14
Still waiting on them to give an actual rejection. None of the people in my computer science class have received a reply from them so far. That's over 5/11 of us.
Original post by h0ney
Still waiting on them to give an actual rejection. None of the people in my computer science class have received a reply from them so far. That's over 5/11 of us.

Its a shambles and an absolute disgrace. Kings need to be taken to task by UCAS and be taken up by the government and made an example of. Maybe withdraw their government funding. This really is no way to treat students who deserve better. The best thing students can do is go elsewhere where they are wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest