The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck guys
Original post by LAWCH
Good luck guys

u too mate!
Do we need to know about how to plan out any of the experiments for paper 1 /measurements and their errors. Also will the grade boundaries be higher or lower than 2019?
Original post by Unknown1234abcd
Do we need to know about how to plan out any of the experiments for paper 1 /measurements and their errors. Also will the grade boundaries be higher or lower than 2019?

The grade boundaries will be lower than 2019 - about halfway between 2019 and 2021.
Original post by penguingirl18
The grade boundaries will be lower than 2019 - about halfway between 2019 and 2021.

How is that possible though? Exams weren't sat in 2021
Reply 6
Original post by Unknown1234abcd

No you don’t that is on paper 3 don’t worry. There’s a chance they could talk about an experiment in general, but all the details would be included in the question and they won’t ask about errors/uncertainties.
Original post by fcbmomen

Autumn resits, I think.
What's everyone doing to revise rn for this paper 1?
Reply 9
Original post by AARON4955
What's everyone doing to revise rn for this paper 1?

I'm working through the advanced information and doing exam questions for each topic. Wbu?
Original post by micks05
I'm working through the advanced information and doing exam questions for each topic. Wbu?

has anyone seen the as physics paper and if so can they confirm that they the advanced info is good use
Original post by abdirahmanmomo
has anyone seen the as physics paper and if so can they confirm that they the advanced info is good use

There is a thread discussing the AS physics paper. The advanced information was apparently not very reliable.
Original post by penguingirl18
There is a thread discussing the AS physics paper. The advanced information was apparently not very reliable.

Apparently a multi-mark question was based on a non advance-information topic. Honestly I don't think they should be allowed to do this; by including said topic the advance information was likely a hinderance for those who relied on this document that was SUPPOSED to detail the multi mark question topics.
Those who sat the as physics paper can you confirm that the advanced information was covered in the non-multiple choice question (The questions that weren't in the multiple choice). AND where the ranking of the advanced info or what's most likely to come up true
What topic do all of you find the hardest?
Original post by fcbmomen

I think like what their gonna do is see what percentage of students got a certain grade and compare that percentage to the 2019 grade equivalent. Then they might work out an average and award that percentage to students in 2022.
Original post by micks05
What topic do all of you find the hardest?

probs waves or magnetic fields hbu
What are you guys aiming to revise via?
Past papers what's the target so like for A would you want to get 80%+ in past papers to have the chance of actually getting an A in real exam?
Are do you guys go with normal grade boundaries for that year?
Original post by Physics Nerd
What are you guys aiming to revise via?
Past papers what's the target so like for A would you want to get 80%+ in past papers to have the chance of actually getting an A in real exam?
Are do you guys go with normal grade boundaries for that year?

i think 80% in any year would be an A*?
Is there any past paper based on the advanced information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending