The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Best KCL accommodation for nightlife/social scene

Hi! I’ve just firmed KCL for Psychology with Year Abroad, looking for accommodation and wondering what one has the best social scene ? i’m also 21 so looking for one where people have done gap years! just looking for a good academic/social life balance x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im also doing psychology but with a placement year :smile: I've heard guys campus and accoms near there so GDSA and SSA are quite good for social life. there's also guys bar in guys campus which is basically full of students. i don't know too much about other students who have done gap years but no matter which accom you choose there's always gonna be a good night/social life coz its london , always new opportunities to meet other people .
Hope this helps x
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tvisha7
im also doing psychology but with a placement year :smile: I've heard guys campus and accoms near there so GDSA and SSA are quite good for social life. there's also guys bar in guys campus which is basically full of students. i don't know too much about other students who have done gap years but no matter which accom you choose there's always gonna be a good night/social life coz its london , always new opportunities to meet other people .
Hope this helps x

congrats on your offer! I'm just a little big worried because I haven't heard great things about KCL social life, but i'm hopeful!
Reply 3
Original post by Liviahopee
congrats on your offer! I'm just a little big worried because I haven't heard great things about KCL social life, but i'm hopeful!

oh swear , i watched a few yt vids and people said the night life is pretty decent just expensive lol, but i guess its harder coz kcl isn't a proper campus, its so separated so may be slightly harder to meet people. But if you wanna start tryna make friends, join kcl facebook groups and once you've booked your accom, there should be WhatsApp links for your accommodation. but honestly, London is great and you'll meet loads of people who've done gap years too! are you a local student?
Reply 4
Original post by tvisha7
oh swear , i watched a few yt vids and people said the night life is pretty decent just expensive lol, but i guess its harder coz kcl isn't a proper campus, its so separated so may be slightly harder to meet people. But if you wanna start tryna make friends, join kcl facebook groups and once you've booked your accom, there should be WhatsApp links for your accommodation. but honestly, London is great and you'll meet loads of people who've done gap years too! are you a local student?

yeah trust! i'm sure it'll be calm but I love to go out and be social and worry i'll get flatmates that are deaddd aha , yeah i'm local!
Reply 5
Original post by Liviahopee
yeah trust! i'm sure it'll be calm but I love to go out and be social and worry i'll get flatmates that are deaddd aha , yeah i'm local!

no literally, that is my biggest fear, I gotta have some fun flatmates or going back to accom each night wont be worth it lool. and same! have you booked your accommodation yet ?
Original post by tvisha7
no literally, that is my biggest fear, I gotta have some fun flatmates or going back to accom each night wont be worth it lool. and same! have you booked your accommodation yet ?

FACTS!! i hope my flatmates are fun
I booked at orchard lisle since everything else was full:/
Reply 7
Original post by dani_444
FACTS!! i hope my flatmates are fun
I booked at orchard lisle since everything else was full:/

uh oh was everything acc booked coz i firmed yesterday and gotta wait 24 hours and Im rlly hoping for wolfson or GDSA. were there no accoms left?
i wanted GDSA or SSA but my accommodation portal didn’t have either of them:frown: i don’t think i had wolfs on either it was just orchard, angel lane, canada water and julian markham or smth
Reply 9
i wanted GDSA or SSA but my accommodation portal didn’t have either of them:frown: i don’t think i had wolfs on either it was just orchard, angel lane, canada water and julian markham or smth

ah ffs that isnt good. i hope that they release accoms in batches coz now its just the rlly expensive ones left.
what course are you studying?
Original post by tvisha7
ah ffs that isnt good. i hope that they release accoms in batches coz now its just the rlly expensive ones left.
what course are you studying?

ikrr like the only one that was within my budget was the orchard lisle one. And apparently ppl have been saying that SSA hasn't be giving out any more rooms in ages.
I'm doing pharmacology bsc so I'll be at guys and waterloo & thankfully my accom is right next to guys
ikrr like the only one that was within my budget was the orchard lisle one. And apparently ppl have been saying that SSA hasn't be giving out any more rooms in ages.
I'm doing pharmacology bsc so I'll be at guys and waterloo & thankfully my accom is right next to guys

im still waiting for my invitation to book my accom so rlly praying that GDSA or at least wolfson is available. i just saw the orchard lisle one the kcl website and its a rlly nice accom
and wow congrats on your offer! ill mainly be at guys campus for psych as well
Original post by tvisha7
im still waiting for my invitation to book my accom so rlly praying that GDSA or at least wolfson is available. i just saw the orchard lisle one the kcl website and its a rlly nice accom

thank you! congrats on ur offer too!
lmk what ends up happening :smile:

thanks! do you have instagram or facebook, id love to connect and get to know future kings students, you don't have to share your social media if you don't want to! :smile:
Original post by tvisha7
thanks! do you have instagram or facebook, id love to connect and get to know future kings students, you don't have to share your social media if you don't want to! :smile:

ofcc, i sent you msg x
Reply 15
Original post by tvisha7

I saw Wolfson House appear two days ago but they went quite quickly and I've been checking every day since I gained access to the portal (28 April) and have not seen Stamford Street or Great Dover Street sadly. I think i'm going to go for Orchard Lisle even though it's a bit of trek to Strand and Waterloo campus
Original post by oli.jm
I saw Wolfson House appear two days ago but they went quite quickly and I've been checking every day since I gained access to the portal (28 April) and have not seen Stamford Street or Great Dover Street sadly. I think i'm going to go for Orchard Lisle even though it's a bit of trek to Strand and Waterloo campus

Yeah same position as you, will be in Strand and might book OL, not that much of a trek, Ldn Bridge to Waterloo is about 20 minutes at a good pace
Reply 17
Original post by tvisha7

Neither are on there at the moment but think they are releasing them in batches now. GDSA hasn’t been on there since i got the invitation but i think they still have some to release.
Original post by Wnaish
Neither are on there at the moment but think they are releasing them in batches now. GDSA hasn’t been on there since i got the invitation but i think they still have some to release.

Ahh okay, if theyre releasing them in batches then i guess there's still a chance. Thank you!
Reply 19
Original post by Wnaish

I called up KCL residences a couple times and yesterday a lady told me that if they are not appearing on the portal that means all the rooms have been allocated already. So any remaining rooms now are the ones left. But that still doesn't mean we can't get a preferred residence like SSA or GDS, as people may cancel and change rooms or when it comes to after exams people may not get in too. You can always book one of the remaining rooms and then just keep an eye on the portal in case they do show up and use the 1 room change ability.

Quick Reply

Latest