The Student Room Group

Business a level Edexcel

Hi guys,

I’m genuinely so worried about my business grade. I’m final year about to sit my business exam and I’m just messing up so much. I’ve got plenty of notes which have been condensed e.c And I know the content but I just can’t seem to write the answers. I do practice questions, compare it to the mark scheme e.c and I still can’t seem to get it right.

Year 1 of business I was getting A/B grades. This year I’ve been getting C/D. It’s a subject that I love and I enjoy a lot but I can’t seem to master it. Give me btech business and I’ll be getting D* but a level is just a different breed. Any tips on how to improve my writing?

I’ve watched numerous videos E.c but nothing seems to work.
Hey, with business I would say the main thing in getting high marks is structuring your answers correctly. I have been taught to use the PEACH paragraph technique and honestly by sticking to that structure in each essay benefits me so much, and stops me waffling. Also another tip would be to define a key word in the question at the beginning of each essay for easy AO1 marks. Finally always apply to source of the question and ensure a couple quotes from the source.
I would say dont focus on the mark scheme too much as they can only list a small amount of the possible points and ideas that you came up with could be right and just not mentioned - take a look at the sample answers in the examiners report they honeslty help so much!
Reply 2
Original post by userxxx
Hey, with business I would say the main thing in getting high marks is structuring your answers correctly. I have been taught to use the PEACH paragraph technique and honestly by sticking to that structure in each essay benefits me so much, and stops me waffling. Also another tip would be to define a key word in the question at the beginning of each essay for easy AO1 marks. Finally always apply to source of the question and ensure a couple quotes from the source.
I would say dont focus on the mark scheme too much as they can only list a small amount of the possible points and ideas that you came up with could be right and just not mentioned - take a look at the sample answers in the examiners report they honeslty help so much!

PEACH paragraph system? Please would you be able to explain it a little more. We have a writing frame we use but honestly it’s never worked for me. I tend to waffle a lot too 😩
Original post by R4V
PEACH paragraph system? Please would you be able to explain it a little more. We have a writing frame we use but honestly it’s never worked for me. I tend to waffle a lot too 😩

PEACH paragraphs are basically Point - so write what your first point is (i usually start with an agreeing point to the question) then Effect - so just further elaborate your point and mention the effect on the business - Apply - is the application part so place a direct quote from the extract or any data - Context so apply your point into the context of the business you are looking at. For example what market does the business operate in and thus how would your point apply to that (sometimes I skip this part) Finally However - this is basically just a counter argument point.

I hope that helps abit more please ask me anything else you need!
Reply 4
Original post by userxxx
PEACH paragraphs are basically Point - so write what your first point is (i usually start with an agreeing point to the question) then Effect - so just further elaborate your point and mention the effect on the business - Apply - is the application part so place a direct quote from the extract or any data - Context so apply your point into the context of the business you are looking at. For example what market does the business operate in and thus how would your point apply to that (sometimes I skip this part) Finally However - this is basically just a counter argument point.

I hope that helps abit more please ask me anything else you need!

Thank you so much! I’m gonna try this later on today. For the however point would that be a whole new paragraph? For example in a 8 marker it would be Positive vs drawback& positive vs drawback. So would I start the drawback para with however and then the PEAC?
Yes, you could do it like that - the counter paragraph I usually just do it the exact same as the first just the first P- is just a counterpoint instead of an agreeing. For 10 markers you could get away with just doing two PEAC (one for and one against) and then a small conclusion - the however aspect is more for 12 and 20 markers but base it mainly on timing - if you have extra time you may as well!
Reply 6
Original post by userxxx
Yes, you could do it like that - the counter paragraph I usually just do it the exact same as the first just the first P- is just a counterpoint instead of an agreeing. For 10 markers you could get away with just doing two PEAC (one for and one against) and then a small conclusion - the however aspect is more for 12 and 20 markers but base it mainly on timing - if you have extra time you may as well!

Do you mind if we private message? I think your literally saving me from failure atm 😭
Yes! of course message me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending