The Student Room Group

Why am I not getting full loan?

Hi,

Ive also recently completed my student finance and was told that I have recieved the basic rate instead of what i should be getting and also that my mum needs to submit a marital status form. However my parent cant do this, what should I do and if my Mum doesnt send it, will I still receive the maintenance loan stated on student finance?
Original post by baiubds
Hi,

Ive also recently completed my student finance and was told that I have recieved the basic rate instead of what i should be getting and also that my mum needs to submit a marital status form. However my parent cant do this, what should I do and if my Mum doesnt send it, will I still receive the maintenance loan stated on student finance?

Hi There,

If your mother can’t provide martial status evidence then we’ll award you the minimum maintenance entitlement. Just to check, is it just the form your mum can’t complete, or is can’t she provide any evidence?

Thanks, Erin N
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

If your mother can’t provide martial status evidence then we’ll award you the minimum maintenance entitlement. Just to check, is it just the form your mum can’t complete, or is can’t she provide any evidence?

Thanks, Erin N

Dear Erin N,

She is unable to provide any marital status evidence apart from the bills under her name only but thats not enough to complete the form.
Also how much is the minimum maintenance entitlement?
Original post by baiubds
Dear Erin N,

She is unable to provide any marital status evidence apart from the bills under her name only but thats not enough to complete the form.
Also how much is the minimum maintenance entitlement?

Hi There,

The minimum maintenance entitlement for 22/23 is £4524 for students living away from the parental home outside of London. If she isn’t able to send us either a mortgage or tenancy agreement in her name along wth the bills then we’d recommend your mother explains her situation on the form and returns this along with the bills. The assessment teams will then decide whether they can accept this.

Thanks, Erin N
Reply 4
Hi There,

The minimum maintenance entitlement for 22/23 is £4524 for students living away from the parental home outside of London. If she isn’t able to send us either a mortgage or tenancy agreement in her name along wth the bills then we’d recommend your mother explains her situation on the form and returns this along with the bills. The assessment teams will then decide whether they can accept this.

Thanks, Erin N

Dear Erin N,

Thanks I will tell her to do this, do you know how likely it is to be accepted and also is there any other way to increase the maintenance loan as I beleive that I am entitled to much more as my household income is below £25000 and I am only receiving just above £6000
Original post by baiubds
Dear Erin N,

Thanks I will tell her to do this, do you know how likely it is to be accepted and also is there any other way to increase the maintenance loan as I beleive that I am entitled to much more as my household income is below £25000 and I am only receiving just above £6000

Hi there,

We can’t advise on the likelihood of acceptance as the assessment teams will need to review the evidence first. The only other way to award you full finance would be if you can provide evidence such as P60s to show that you’ve supported yourself financially for the last 3 years.

Thanks, Erin N
Reply 6
Hi there,

We can’t advise on the likelihood of acceptance as the assessment teams will need to review the evidence first. The only other way to award you full finance would be if you can provide evidence such as P60s to show that you’ve supported yourself financially for the last 3 years.

Thanks, Erin N

Dear Erin N,
My parent has sent the evidence however has not received a confirmation email, is this normal or should they reupload it again?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by baiubds
Hi,

Hi there, What are the reasons your mother is unable to complete the form and return this with the evidence requested on the form? Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending