The Student Room Group

Maths pure AS 2022

Hi,
2 days left but thought id make it in advance.
good luck guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Miasmarome
Hi,
2 days left but thought id make it in advance.
good luck guys

How did you guys find edexcel pure AS paper? :s-smilie: It was okay until it got to question 12. Part a of question 12 had no clue what to do but the rest was fine. But then there was that trig identity question, question 13. That was like impossible i had no clue how the hell you were supposed to do that
I'm doing a level maths how closely did it follow the advanced info
Original post by Bleu_
How did you guys find edexcel pure AS paper? :s-smilie: It was okay until it got to question 12. Part a of question 12 had no clue what to do but the rest was fine. But then there was that trig identity question, question 13. That was like impossible i had no clue how the hell you were supposed to do that

I found it alright. But some questions were tricky. I found the triangle one with the 7x and etc... a bit difficult. The trig one just needed to be squared after you make tan x to sinx/cosx then do some trig identities and u reach it .The proof one part b was a bit meh i kinda forgot how you deal with those ones lol. The integration ones were the best!!! The circle one in last part was a bit of a bummer. The exponentials and logs were calm. Other than that idk lol .I found that they really did follow the advance info
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by y16koja_f
I found it alright. But some questions were tricky. I found the triangle one with the 7x and etc... a bit difficult. The trig one just needed to be squared after you make tan x to sinx/cosx then do some trig identities and u reach it .The proof one part b was a bit meh i kinda forgot how you deal with those ones lol. The integration ones were the best!!! The circle one in last part was a bit of a bummer. The exponentials and logs were calm. Other than that idk lol .I found that they really did follow the advance info

the advance info was so broad, so it didnt help, how did u find it helpful?
omg yh the circle one, 5 marks gone
i got the intergration onee, what did u get?
Original post by Bleu_

it was quite hard compared to past papers,
but yh some qs in there were just so hard.
yh the trig one i think i did wrong too,
for the last q on proof, how did you prove it? like algebraically or using numbers?
For the proof I did odd and even number and says it’s a multiple of 2 and 6 is a multiple of 2 so it is divisible by 6
Reply 7
Original post by Bleu_

Definitely a lot more wordier, (especially when it came to the differentiation and exponential questions) than the 4 past papers I did from 2018-2021. I'm surprised how they stuck to the advanced information because almost every topic they mentioned came up. I got really stuck on the trig question because I couldn't find a possible route. The proof part (b) really stumped me but i just plugged in 2 into n and hoped for the best. The circle one, part (b) where it says to calculate the shortest distance, how did everyone find that?
Original post by timotheehoo
For the proof I did odd and even number and says it’s a multiple of 2 and 6 is a multiple of 2 so it is divisible by 6

yess i used this method too,
i started by proving algebraically but it wasnt working, so i did odd and even no.
Original post by eshaya
Definitely a lot more wordier, (especially when it came to the differentiation and exponential questions) than the 4 past papers I did from 2018-2021. I'm surprised how they stuck to the advanced information because almost every topic they mentioned came up. I got really stuck on the trig question because I couldn't find a possible route. The proof part (b) really stumped me but i just plugged in 2 into n and hoped for the best. The circle one, part (b) where it says to calculate the shortest distance, how did everyone find that?

how come u found it stuck to advance info, coz in all maths papers, every topic comes up anyway ?
Original post by Bleu_

The paper was much harder than past ones, however i still think i did quite well, that proof and trig identity question i didnt know what to do
Reply 11
how come u found it stuck to advance info, coz in all maths papers, every topic comes up anyway ?

I've heard from my friends that their further maths exams and such, didn't stick to their advanced information at all, either topics they said were going to come up just didn't come up or A2 content came up.
For the proof on Trig part a did any of u guys like factorise the cosxsinx+cosx to get to the answer
And what did ppl even do for the circle question 😭😭
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Marr.sar
For the proof on Trig part a did any of u guys like factorise the cosxsinx+cosx to get to the answer

Yh I tried to factorise tooo and i still wasnt getttingg it!!
For the circle i tried to find the normal line to the line L and then figured out where normal crossed the circle to find the coordinates and then found the distance between that and the coordinated where L crossed the y axis.

I think we are supposed to do two equation and then find interception, I found the gradient of the line and the perpendicular one, I was gonna make an equation using the center but I didn’t have time
Does anyone have photos of the questions that I could see please?
Wait what did u guys get for part b of the binomial expansion ? I’m not sure if I was right
the advance info was so broad, so it didnt help, how did u find it helpful?
omg yh the circle one, 5 marks gone
i got the intergration onee, what did u get?

I can't remember but if ur talking about finding the area by integrating and subtracting the area of the trapezium question then I remember that the answer was an nice fraction
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by y16koja_f
I can't remember but if ur talking about finding the area by integrating and subtracting the area of the trapezium question then I remember that the answer was an nice fraction

Wasn’t it a triangle ?
Wasn’t it a triangle ?

nope, pretty sure it was a trapezium.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending