Calculating my degree classification

How do I work out my overall university grade, my 2nd year grade are as follow:
- Object Oriented Programming = 68%
- Database Systems = 94%
- Software Development Group Project = 96%
- Client Server Architecture = 87%
- Server-side Web Development = 97%
- Algorithms = 84%

The total credit for second year would be 120 (meaning that each of them are 20 credits). Second year counts 1/3 of my degree.

And my final year grades (3rd year) are:
- Final Year Project = 70% (note: it is a double module, therefore 40 credits)
- Security and Forensics = 54%
- Digital and Marketing = 54%
- Reasoning about Programs = 62%
- Advanced Maths and Games Ai = 40%

The total credit for third year would be 120 as well (where one of the module is not taken account when calculating the degree classification in this case it would be Advanced Maths). Third year counts 2/3 of my degree. Could someone tell me the grade I would get, as my aim is to get a First Class?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by k120801
How do I work out my overall university grade, my 2nd year grade are as follow:
- Object Oriented Programming = 68%
- Database Systems = 94%
- Software Development Group Project = 96%
- Client Server Architecture = 87%
- Server-side Web Development = 97%
- Algorithms = 84%

The total credit for second year would be 120 (meaning that each of them are 20 credits). Second year counts 1/3 of my degree.

And my final year grades (3rd year) are:
- Final Year Project = 70% (note: it is a double module, therefore 40 credits)
- Security and Forensics = 54%
- Digital and Marketing = 54%
- Reasoning about Programs = 62%
- Advanced Maths and Games Ai = 40%

The total credit for third year would be 120 as well (where one of the module is not taken account when calculating the degree classification in this case it would be Advanced Maths). Third year counts 2/3 of my degree. Could someone tell me the grade I would get, as my aim is to get a First Class?

Looks like around 68 and a 2.1 with little chance of an upgrade due to the dropoff in third year.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Looks like around 68 and a 2.1 with little chance of an upgrade due to the dropoff in third year.

Are you sure? As I tried to calculate it by adding all the second year modules and multiplied by 1/3 and then for the third year modules the same added all of them (excluding Advanced Maths) and multiplied it by 2/3… which ends up giving me 70.54… (?) But I am not too sure…
If one module is excluded how do they get the 120 credits?
Original post by k120801
Are you sure? As I tried to calculate it by adding all the second year modules and multiplied by 1/3 and then for the third year modules the same added all of them (excluding Advanced Maths) and multiplied it by 2/3… which ends up giving me 70.54… (?) But I am not too sure…
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
If one module is excluded how do they get the 120 credits?

I’m not too sure but I am attaching a screenshot of it…
It's a very generous grading system when you have got only one 1st in the 3rd year ... many unis would penalise this far more.

I make it a 1st ... you are one very fortunate student
Original post by k120801
I’m not too sure but I am attaching a screenshot of it…
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
It's a very generous grading system when you have got only one 1st in the 3rd year ... many unis would penalise this far more.

I make it a 1st ... you are one very fortunate student

I did struggle a lot in my third year… especially with my mental health and everything going around me. I tried my best did end up getting 80 - 70s for a few of the components assessments for certain modules, however, they were bought down mainly because of any examinations that I had and the other assessment components, making the overall grade to 50s and 60s

Does that mean I make it to a first?
(edited 1 year ago)
Wait for your uni to confirm - there may be some external moderation ...
Original post by k120801
I did struggle a lot in my third year… especially with my mental health and everything going around me. I tried my best did end up getting 80 - 70s for a few of the components assessments for certain modules, however, they were bought down mainly because of any examinations that I had and the other assessment components, making the overall grade to 50s and 60s

Does that mean I make it to a first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending