The Student Room Group

Student finance application

Hi, I'm filling in the paper application form for student finance, and was just wondering how sfe will ask for evidence if they need it. Will they email or call?

Also, will I be given a customer reference number if I am not applying online?
Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cm.22
Hi, I'm filling in the paper application form for student finance, and was just wondering how sfe will ask for evidence if they need it. Will they email or call?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

You will receive requests via email, once your application has been received and entered onto the system you will be sent a Customer Reference Number and log in details to create an online account. Once you have an online account you will also be able to track the application status along with view any evidence requests.

Thanks, Amy
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

You will receive requests via email, once your application has been received and entered onto the system you will be sent a Customer Reference Number and log in details to create an online account. Once you have an online account you will also be able to track the application status along with view any evidence requests.

Thanks, Amy

Hi Amy, thank you for answering my questions!

I was also wondering if my student finance application is late meaning the tuition fees may be paid after the start of the year, do you know whether universities generally still allow students to enrol?
Original post by cm.22

I was also wondering if my student finance application is late meaning the tuition fees may be paid after the start of the year, do you know whether universities generally still allow students to enrol?

You're welcome.

Yes, as long as you make them aware you have an application in place and are waiting for it to be reviewed they still allow student's to enrol.

Thanks, Amy
Original post by Amy SFE
You're welcome.

Yes, as long as you make them aware you have an application in place and are waiting for it to be reviewed they still allow student's to enrol.

Thanks, Amy

Hi, thank you so much for your help!
Original post by cm.22

Hi There,

We’d recommend contacting the university you’re applying to for advice on this; though we’ll still pay your tuition fees if you submit the application late.

Thanks, Erin N
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

We’d recommend contacting the university you’re applying to for advice on this; though we’ll still pay your tuition fees if you submit the application late.

Thanks, Erin N

Hi, thank you for the advice!
Original post by cm.22
Hi, thank you for the advice!

Hi there,

You are more than welcome.

Thanks, Angela.
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, Amy

Hi Amy, I'm filling in the form and in the terms and conditions section where I'm supposed to sign, it asks for my customer reference number. Do I just leave this blank as I don't have one?
Original post by cm.22
Hi Amy, I'm filling in the form and in the terms and conditions section where I'm supposed to sign, it asks for my customer reference number. Do I just leave this blank as I don't have one?

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - you should leave that blank.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme, thanks for letting me know!
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme, I was wondering how household income is assessed if I want to apply for the full maintenance loan. Are there any additional forms for my parents or me to fill in?

Also, if I get a part time job while at uni, will if I have to tell SFE, and if so, how would I do that?
Thanks
Original post by cm.22
Hi Graeme, I was wondering how household income is assessed if I want to apply for the full maintenance loan. Are there any additional forms for my parents or me to fill in?

Also, if I get a part time job while at uni, will if I have to tell SFE, and if so, how would I do that?
Thanks

Hi there,

Yes, your parents need to complete this form for the 22/23 academic year - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1060268/sfe_pff2_form_2223_o.pdf. If you gain employment throughout the academic year, we don't need you to let us know about this.

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
Hi there,

Yes, your parents need to complete this form for the 22/23 academic year - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1060268/sfe_pff2_form_2223_o.pdf. If you gain employment throughout the academic year, we don't need you to let us know about this.

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen, thanks for letting me know!
Original post by cm.22
Hi Jen, thanks for letting me know!

You are very welcome! :smile:

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
You are very welcome! :smile:

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen, I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier. I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

Also, in my Actions to complete section, it says: "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" - what does this mean?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cm.22

Thanks in advance

Hi there, What application form are you completing? Are you applying as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, What application form are you completing? Are you applying as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, thank you for your reply. I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier.

I'm applying as a new student and I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

Also, in my Actions to complete section, it says: "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" - what does this mean?
Original post by cm.22
Hi Karen, thank you for your reply. I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier.

I'm applying as a new student and I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

If your application hasn't been fully assessed yet the full amount of funding won't have been confirmed yet. Sponsor 1 and sponsor 2 are your parents. This information would be required to determine the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
If your application hasn't been fully assessed yet the full amount of funding won't have been confirmed yet. Sponsor 1 and sponsor 2 are your parents. This information would be required to determine the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending