The Student Room Group

messed up paper 1 aqa maths as level

I revised months did pracitce questions and knew the answers to only 4 questions on the paper and the rest i didnt know because i just blanked out because of the pressure. I need DDM for my course and i am currently on a DDD so would a D or E in as maths put me at a disadvantage and make me not get into the uni and do i need to put it on my ucas application if i did it externally ?
Original post by btt44
I revised months did pracitce questions and knew the answers to only 4 questions on the paper and the rest i didnt know because i just blanked out because of the pressure. I need DDM for my course and i am currently on a DDD so would a D or E in as maths put me at a disadvantage and make me not get into the uni and do i need to put it on my ucas application if i did it externally ?

No because it is an AS exam as long as you are doing a level maths it won’t make a difference
Reply 2
Original post by ashvinsingh
No because it is an AS exam as long as you are doing a level maths it won’t make a difference

Im not doing a level maths i paid for this exam externally and sat it privately as i thought it would make my application look better .....
Im only doing the btec extended dip in applied science
Original post by btt44
Im not doing a level maths i paid for this exam externally and sat it privately as i thought it would make my application look better .....
Im only doing the btec extended dip in applied science

If it is extra to your 3 subjects you don’t need to disclose the results to your uni but it won’t hinder you in any way
Reply 4
If it is extra to your 3 subjects you don’t need to disclose the results to your uni but it won’t hinder you in any way

Are you sure about this as i read somewhere i HAVE to put down my as result. ?

The requirement for BTEC is only 3 grades DDM and no As or a level needed
Original post by btt44
Are you sure about this as i read somewhere i HAVE to put down my as result. ?

The requirement for BTEC is only 3 grades DDM and no As or a level needed

If you get an E still put the grade down, an E in maths is better than nothing at all..
Reply 6
If you get an E still put the grade down, an E in maths is better than nothing at all..

The course is for computer science and i am worrying that they may not allow me into the uni because i am "bad" at math shown by my grade in AS maths
(edited 1 year ago)
Did they stick to the advanced info???
Reply 8
Original post by aregularteen
Did they stick to the advanced info???

Kind of but the questions you think youll get will be harder lol. But do u think i have to put down my grade for as maths on my application ?
Original post by btt44
The course is for computer science and i am worrying that they may not allow me into the uni because i am "bad" at math shown by my grade in AS maths

That’s not how it works as far as I know
Reply 10
That’s not how it works as far as I know

So you reccomend just putting it down on the application
Original post by btt44

You have to put it down - they will get the results anyway. But, if it is not on the criteria, I very very very highly doubt that it would disadvantage you in any way - how could they reject you when there are loads of other candidates who just never sat that exam - for all the admissions officer know those candidates may have done worse. But even that is besides the point, the stated requirements are there for a reason, there are no hidden or secret ones to get around, and if you are at DDD you're already above them.
Reply 12
Original post by DeBeauvoir2
You have to put it down - they will get the results anyway. But, if it is not on the criteria, I very very very highly doubt that it would disadvantage you in any way - how could they reject you when there are loads of other candidates who just never sat that exam - for all the admissions officer know those candidates may have done worse. But even that is besides the point, the stated requirements are there for a reason, there are no hidden or secret ones to get around, and if you are at DDD you're already above them.

Would it be a different story if i failed the maths exam as i found it that difficult ?
Original post by btt44

I would say so, if the offer is based on 3 subjects, they can’t reject you based on one extra subject
Reply 14
I would say so, if the offer is based on 3 subjects, they can’t reject you based on one extra subject

Oh ok but are you sure theres no consequences of not putting it down as i feel like i might change my mind later on ?
Original post by btt44
Oh ok but are you sure theres no consequences of not putting it down as i feel like i might change my mind later on ?

There wouldn’t be any consequences. This is because it is extra to your 3 subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest