(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by liamlarner
discussion for this afternoons exam

I did mine today, how did you find it?
Reply 6
Original post by joon657
I did mine today, how did you find it?

This paper wasn't too bad apart from the last question. Luckily grade boundaries are low. Do you remember what the equation was for the last proof question btw?
Reply 7
Original post by Ahab N
This paper wasn't too bad apart from the last question. Luckily grade boundaries are low. Do you remember what the equation was for the last proof question btw?

No sorry I don't, but I found the exam quite hard compared to previous papers - the questions were not as straight forward
Reply 8
Original post by joon657
No sorry I don't, but I found the exam quite hard compared to previous papers - the questions were not as straight forward

You're right, it was generally harder than the last ones. The circle question for example was quite different to the ones in previous papers.
Reply 9
Original post by Ahab N
You're right, it was generally harder than the last ones. The circle question for example was quite different to the ones in previous papers.

yeah I struggled to finish within the time because of the bulky questions towards the end all within the range of 5 marks. I'm hoping I make up for it in applied but I doubt tbh
n cubed plus 3n squared plus 2n
This factorises to n(n+1)(n+2) which means that they are three consecutive numbers. therefore one is definitely a multiple of 2 and another is definitley a multiple of three and so it is divisible by 6

Original post by Ahab N
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by speed123
n cubed plus 3n squared plus 2n
This factorises to n(n+1)(n+2) which means that they are three consecutive numbers. therefore one is definitely a multiple of 2 and another is definitley a multiple of three and so it is divisible by 6

what was the proof question
Original post by Ahab N

what did the circle question require ?
Yehh some of the questions I had no idea what to do :frown:( what did you get for the circle shortest length question ? I got smth like root 29 but people in my class got smrh like 79
What was the first question? the cotton one
Wdym cotton one ?
It was to prove that n cubed plus 3 n squared plus 2 n is divisible by 6
Original post by taehyungpengting
Yehh some of the questions I had no idea what to do :frown:( what did you get for the circle shortest length question ? I got smth like root 29 but people in my class got smrh like 79

I can’t remember what I got but I remember that my equation for the radius that is perpendicular to the line was y=2X-6
Reply 18
I done the as edexcel exam for maths, but I’m slightly worried because I was just writing the answers and working out etc, but I did not put the question number next to each part of my solution for example the exponential question , I just answered it without splitting each solution up because there was part a part aii etc but I didn’t write it next to each of my solution, do you think the examiner will think I wrote 1 whole solution to one part of the question even though I actually wrote the whole question but didn’t specify which part of the question by me not putting aii , c etc
Original post by Mrill
I done the as edexcel exam for maths, but I’m slightly worried because I was just writing the answers and working out etc, but I did not put the question number next to each part of my solution for example the exponential question , I just answered it without splitting each solution up because there was part a part aii etc but I didn’t write it next to each of my solution, do you think the examiner will think I wrote 1 whole solution to one part of the question even though I actually wrote the whole question but didn’t specify which part of the question by me not putting aii , c etc

I feel like it’s fine the examiners are normal teachers so they will understand it, when they read through your workings out they will see the answer for a particular question and give u the marks . Unless ur workings out are Literly next to each other, but if you left some space between them at least like two lines I think it’s fine dw 🙏. How did you find the paper btw?

Quick Reply

Latest