The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Welcome to the King's College London A101 Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) 2023 Entry Discussion.

KCL A101 EMDP 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6963398

KCL A101 EMDP 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560690

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/extended-medical-degree-programme-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/extended-medical-degree-programme-mbbs#coursepage-entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bruhh UCAT 2022. please don't make me do this
Reply 2
Hi! I’m a 2022 applicant and I thought I would give you a review on Kings! I submitted my application mid September - from the very start they were extremely uncommunicative taking 17 days to get a reply for a query I had in september. I got an interview which was okay, I had it Feb and then I, and many others, heard absolutely nothing until UCAS deadline day where we all got auto-rejected. The admin is truly awful!! DON’T apply for your sanity - there are way better med schools who will treat you with respect unlike Kings

I also want to add that it has seriously affected my studying as it has with most other people who applied here so I don’t think I will get the grades for my other offers now - it’s not worth your time, i’ve heard SGUL and QMUL are excellent with candidates
(edited 1 year ago)
L admin team, lied to us for 4months, stats and interviews didn't correlate. Nothing until the deadline
Reply 4
I thought I would post here to give an honest warning to future applicants hoping to apply for the EMDP. I applied in October, had an interview in February (interviewers were quite rude but that’s a whole separate story) and still haven’t heard back, it’s currently 19th May 2 hours after the UCAS deadline. The university have taken weeks to reply to messages on KingsApply, giving the same messages on phone calls that they are “still handing out interviews” up to a week before the deadline, which we know to not be true so far, and also telling applicants all decisions would be out by 7pm, which didn’t happen. They have even waited until now to send out pre-interview rejections, something which has been done months ago at other universities.

The lack of communication and organisation from a top ranked, extremely prestigious university is downright shocking. I’m lucky enough to have had another med offer, but know other applicants who were counting on Kings as their last chance to get into medicine this year, or whose studies and mental health have been seriously affected by waiting for a decision. There has a been a complete disregard and lack of communication of the 2022 applicants.

However, I acknowledge that the EMDP offers lower grades than a lot of other medical schools and offers people who aren’t necessarily going to get 3A*s in their A Levels a chance to study medicine. That was the case for me, as I think I am going to struggle to get the grades for my first choice university.

For anyone who values their sanity and mental health, please take careful consideration before you apply to Kings or Kings EMDP.
Reply 5
Original post by jxr16
I thought I would post here to give an honest warning to future applicants hoping to apply for the EMDP. I applied in October, had an interview in February (interviewers were quite rude but that’s a whole separate story) and still haven’t heard back, it’s currently 19th May 2 hours after the UCAS deadline. The university have taken weeks to reply to messages on KingsApply, giving the same messages on phone calls that they are “still handing out interviews” up to a week before the deadline, which we know to not be true so far, and also telling applicants all decisions would be out by 7pm, which didn’t happen. They have even waited until now to send out pre-interview rejections, something which has been done months ago at other universities.

The lack of communication and organisation from a top ranked, extremely prestigious university is downright shocking. I’m lucky enough to have had another med offer, but know other applicants who were counting on Kings as their last chance to get into medicine this year, or whose studies and mental health have been seriously affected by waiting for a decision. There has a been a complete disregard and lack of communication of the 2022 applicants.

However, I acknowledge that the EMDP offers lower grades than a lot of other medical schools and offers people who aren’t necessarily going to get 3A*s in their A Levels a chance to study medicine. That was the case for me, as I think I am going to struggle to get the grades for my first choice university.

For anyone who values their sanity and mental health, please take careful consideration before you apply to Kings or Kings EMDP.

this is very true about the grades however you still definitely have many options with lower grades! if any 2023 applicants read this i would be very happy to provide a list with lower grade requirements - just pm me or reply here! i applied to 4 places with ABB predicted and still had other options to chose from (I wish I had taken them over kings)
Hey :smile: I’ve applied twice and I really don’t know why lol. Both times I’ve had to wait right until the UCAS deadline (19/05/21 and 18/05/22) for a reply. And even then I’m lucky to have even heard back considering so many people STILL, 2 hours post UCAS deadline, haven’t heard back. I really wouldn’t bother with this course basically; whilst it looks super appealing, the application journey is unnecessarily draining.
To all potential applicants please have a read of last years threads (linked in the first post of the thread) in order to get some insight as to what the application process is like. It has been an incredibly exhausting process mentally, and I genuinely feel like a great injustice was done, since they weren't able to process everyones applications fairly (due to issues with staffing among other things). Literally everyone who I've encountered whose applied to KCL med has expressed similar sentiments and many people go as far as to even regret applying to Kings due to how absolutely draining and anxiety inducing it has been. Medicine applications in general are very stressful, but the absolute lack of coordination is seemingly unique to Kings, and many other unis have been much more transparent with their processes. I don't want to scare anyone, but just to give them a heads up on what it's like so they're not blindsided. Good luck everyone :smile:
Don’t apply to kings unless you want crippling anxiety and to lose out on sleep until may 19th only to find out they left ucas to auto reject you xx
Original post by lookingforhelp12
Don’t apply to kings unless you want crippling anxiety and to lose out on sleep until may 19th only to find out they left ucas to auto reject you xx

And that they lied to everyone saying they’re still giving out interviews and offers when they werent
You really don't want to spend the rest of your 5/6 years at this college, if this is how they treat aPpLiCanTS.
Hello, I have been wanting to study this course since Year 10 and I really like the course structure, and its aims. However, after reading these comments I am way more apprehensive to apply.

I wanted to ask did the majority of offers get sent before the dealine or did they give them out all after the deadline?
Original post by khaled1111123
Hello, I have been wanting to study this course since Year 10 and I really like the course structure, and its aims. However, after reading these comments I am way more apprehensive to apply.

I wanted to ask did the majority of offers get sent before the dealine or did they give them out all after the deadline?

A lot got sent out around 2 days before the deadline but I find that that’s not really the main issue. Their lack of communication, organisation and reliability is what caused this reaction from applicants. Had they been clear that they would have left people one or two days before the deadline to find out then there would really be no reason to complain however on multiple occasions they mislead applicants saying that interviews are still being given out etc when this was not the case. In my experience all other med schools had made their decisions by around February when KCL had just begun giving interviews. I hope that was of help and wish you all the best with your application, if you do decide to apply I hope that they correct their mistakes this time round!!
Original post by asclepeion
Kings EMDP also has eligibility criteria you have to meet in order to apply e.g. You must have attended only non-selective state education since the age of 11, must have Home fee status etc.

hi, I meet the criteria for it but can I apply with A* A B
Original post by Madsfr
this is very true about the grades however you still definitely have many options with lower grades! if any 2023 applicants read this i would be very happy to provide a list with lower grade requirements - just pm me or reply here! i applied to 4 places with ABB predicted and still had other options to chose from (I wish I had taken them over kings)

Please can you send the unis you applied to. My predicted is A* A B
Im in a complex situation, Kings judged me for a100 when I applied to A101, UCAS took responsibility for it, i forwarded the email now they asking for a direct email, I recalled ucas and now they are going through the whole process again, when will the period for this reconsideration end?
I have been carrying the effort to get it reconsidered and they agreed to if I can provide but I don't know if its too late because UCAS is taking so long
thanks i will ty for helping
DON'T APPLY HERE unless you want major anxiety and stress so not helpful for applicants ! many other places in london which were WAYYY better with communication like queen mary
Hi could you please give the list of med schools?

Quick Reply

Latest